IGNORED

I have something prepared to bring the 2 button hack to the next level

I am working on a module that you connect to the controller ports of your VCS and you connect your sega genesis / megadrive controllers on the other side. It sends the pin 7 signal pulse to the controllers, allowing cleverly crafted code to extract A and Start (and if you know what you are doing, X, Y, Z, and Mode) in addition to the B and C the 2 button hack allows. It does not replace the 2 button hack, but extends it (with my board, you must hold down A and B to enable the old hack when you turn it on.

At the moment,  have already make a schematic which will be posted as a png and a 3d render of what the board would look like as a png which will be attached to this forum post. If you want the easyeda files, I will provide them free of charge so we can make this real.
image.thumb.png.e3e858ddc781d78c9ef47b663d2d8cbf.png
the ten pin headers are for connecting cables for connecting to a VCS or other old computer. i.e. a C64
image.thumb.png.5c5fe508061c900cfd9e23fdc7c47fa7.png
I had it pull up pin 5 so it can be easily detected by software. I am working on driver code at the moment.

Edited by kramlat0
forgot to mention something
  • Like 3