IGNORED

GameStop: PS4 Pro for PS5.

Hey everyone, 

I recently traded a few things for a PS4 Pro with 3 Sony brand controllers. Out of curiosity I went to GameStop just to see what I could get in on trading my PS4 Pro setup toward a new PS5. I didn't physically bring it in...They said that it will be worth about $100. That seems kinda low.

What do you guys think?

Edited by guitarmas
Grammar.

Ebay prices seem to suggest that you could do better. From what I saw (all 30 seconds worth), Pro's are going for $150-$200 (presumably including a Dual Shock 4) and extra controllers are going for about $25 a pop for used regular (non special edition) DS4 pads. Of course you then have Ebay taking a slice if you go there, but maybe try pricing a bit below Ebay trends and post it somewhere like our own marketplace here or on your local Craigslist?

I'd also think about what Punisher5.0 said. PS5 Pro rumors are heating up and reliable sources have informally confirmed basic specs and that it's due later this year. While many feel like the base PS5 has barely been taken advantage of by developers, it's something to consider for sure when the regular disc drive edition for the slim is ~$500 and the Pro with significantly more horsepower under the hood might only be $100-$150 more.

Edited by Atariboy

More and more people are coming to the conclusion that the PS5 has been kind of underwhelming so far.   Not a whole lot that really shows off the new features.   And so many PS5 games are still releasing on PS4.

I'd think twice before making a money-losing trade for one.

• Like 1

To be fair, the PS5 is the best PS4 there is. The console is worth it just for the massive quality of life difference in general (ridiculously fast load times, an infinitely faster UI, full PS4 Pro compatibility on games, free PS5 upgrades on many titles, a store that is fast and doesn't crap on itself every ten minutes, etc).

On 3/23/2024 at 9:25 AM, Atariboy said:

Ebay prices seem to suggest that you could do better. From what I saw (all 30 seconds worth), Pro's are going for $150-$200 (presumably including a Dual Shock 4) and extra controllers are going for about $25 a pop for used regular (non special edition) DS4 pads. Of course you then have Ebay taking a slice if you go there, but maybe try pricing a bit below Ebay trends and post it somewhere like our own marketplace here or on your local Craigslist?

You can always do better than GameStop. Their trade values are generally the worst out there. 

Edited by Austin

8 hours ago, Austin said:

To be fair, the PS5 is the best PS4 there is. The console is worth it just for the massive quality of life difference in general (ridiculously fast load times, an infinitely faster UI, full PS4 Pro compatibility on games, free PS5 upgrades on many titles, a store that is fast and doesn't crap on itself every ten minutes, etc).

You can always do better than GameStop. Their trade values are generally the worst out there. 

my experience their trade values are far far better than locally operated stores, 

anyway playstation 4 pros trade in for 88 dollars and dual shock 4s trade in for 29.70 as for today,

best buy gives 110 for the console, but only  10 for the controllers