IGNORED

Sega Cd Battery Save Question

Madwindoman

So I acquired a Sega cd model 2. Changed the fuse. Raised the lens up a bit cause those rubber grommets had worn out. And installed a new rechargeable battery and holder. The only game I have is sol feace which doesn’t save anything to the onboard memory. Is there any other way I can test that the new battery is working?

That’s a good idea but I was hoping not to open the console again. Anyways I was able to burn a copy of Popful Mail last night and can confirm the battery is holding charge. I believe it’s a ML2032. Pretty simple mod and by locating the battery outside the shielding it’ll make future battery changes a breeze

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

Very true but that’s above my skill set. I’m happy doin lil repairs. Anything major I have to send out. If I can find someone willing to help

I can understand that. The battery install looks great so I figured you might be able to do the FRAM upgrade as well. It is pretty easy to do. I used 1808 chips because I happen to have a few of those on hand. But if you use an actual 1608 variant, it is just a drop in replacement to solder into place making it one of the easier upgrades to do. I've done it on my CDX and Model 2 SegaCD along with several Saturn consoles. So it is pretty straight forward and I'm happy to assist.

• Like 1