IGNORED

Filename length truncation and fujinet-pc

There's an issue with filename length that I ran across while looking into some fujinet-pc stuff.  It may be related to https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-config/issues/25, but seemed like it was worth mentioning here since it wasn't clear if that was the case or not.

Abstract: while browsing a tnfs server, overly-long filenames (including the path) cause unexpected behaviour.  Note the first screenshot below:

001-FujiNet-kamikaze_Host6-kamikaze.thumb.png.a44194b245d925b09942ece3649bba39.png

After clicking on the highlighted link, the following appears:

002-FujiNet-kamikaze_Host6-kamikaze.thumb.png.cadd0763d14dec2ec508077f7c5b4c92.png

This is effectively an empty version of the directory in which the file resides.  The directory clearly isn't empty because there are files listed in it in the first screenshot :)

Clicking on the download arrow serves a completely blank (i.e., no HTML) page.  Clicking on the 'S' at the end of the path has no effect, though the other parts of the pathname are navigable.

The fujinet-pc build on the remote machine is a git clone from yesterday; browsers in use on the local side are current versions of Brave, Firefox, and Safari under macOS 13.6.5 (Ventura) on x64.  All three browsers display the same behaviour.

What a long file names! 🙂 To handle them in WebUI, I've increased buffer size for encoded and html escaped file names. The change is in repository now.

Thanks for reporting!

-jan

1 hour ago, apc said:

What a long file names! 🙂

Yep :D  That's actually how they come out from the .zip file; they just happened to show up the issue.

1 hour ago, apc said:

To handle them in WebUI, I've increased buffer size for encoded and html escaped file names. The change is in repository now.

Thanks for reporting!

-jan

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to rename a bunch of the paths on my tnfs because of that (rename "Adventure International" to "AI" for example), it also stopped the Homebrew awards entries being available for some of the files. 

Also falls through to the access logs with any path over something like 170 characters having its name truncated.

• Like 2