IGNORED

Pro Controller question

Kyo

Hi!

From what I've heard, there were a fair amount of them made. They don't show up on ebay as commonly as the standard controllers but they do come up often. (brand new)

I don't know if you're out to get one immediately, but Telegames sells these for less than they usually go for on ebay ($39.95 USD) and right now they're having some kind of sale with 30% off. I believe it lasts until midnight Sunday. If you are looking to snag one, you might want to go to their website and sign up for their email list. After you receive a confirmation, just order the thing for a huge discount in the price.

There's some kind of code to add while ordering but I only glanced at the email before deleting it. Perhaps someone else would be nice enough to post the code?

Hope this helps 8)

My pro controller is messing up on my sometimes - it occasionally acts where certain buttons and numbers wont work at all - so in frustration ill punch it and slam it a few times and then it works :D, i know i should get another one, but this happened to anyone else? hopefully more people will read this thread and let me know :D

My pro controller is messing up on my sometimes - it occasionally acts where certain buttons and numbers wont work at all - so in frustration ill punch it and slam it a few times and then it works :D' date=' i know i should get another one, but this happened to anyone else? hopefully more people will read this thread and let me know :D[/color']

Hey JagMX,

maybe i should have titled this the "Official Pro Controller" thread. :D

What is the difference between the pro controller and the normal controller, anyways?

I mean I know there are extra buttons, but do alot of games take advantage of this feature ?

(It's been years and years since I messed around with a Jaguar, but am currently in the process of getting another one... miss that thing)

What is the difference between the pro controller and the normal controller, anyways?

I mean I know there are extra buttons, but do alot of games take advantage of this feature ?

(It's been years and years since I messed around with a Jaguar, but am currently in the process of getting another one... miss that thing)

There's 5 extra buttons, X/Y/Z and the two shoulder buttons (unsurprisingly, L/R). They're mapped to the keypad (Z,Y,X=7,8,9 and L,R=4,6) so any games that use these keypad keys can benefit. Some games work better with a Procontroller (Battlemorph is a good example) and some just make things easier, as with Atari Karts (L/R are hard turn left and right, nearly impossible to do with a normal controller ;)).

There are also some external changes - the keypad area was changed to make overlays easier to use, and the D-pad feels nicer and is a lot more responsive. The buttons are indescribably better :) Much easier to use, generally nicer on the thumbs. Good stuff all round, and a purchase you won't regret.

Stone

I've had a procontroller since they were first released pretty much, and have never gone back to a standard one. Although I bought my first jaguar early on and those original controllers had much more responsive buttons and D-pad than the later "mushy" models, so my initial experience was always good with the Jag controllers. I only came across the "mushy" controllers when I bought my second Jag, I feel sorry for people who had to put up with them from the start. Definately gives one a whole different outlook on the Jaguar controllers; if people were using those grey buttoned mushy controllers years ago when they wrote the magazines complaining about how much jag controllers sucked, Ican understand why now. I never did back then though, because I had the good ones.

The majority of games work better with pro controllers. JagMX, try opening up you're controller and cleaning out any dust and dirt under the buttons, and check for possible loose wires, I think that's your problem.

. JagMX, try opening up you're controller and cleaning out any dust and dirt under the buttons, and check for possible loose wires, I think that's your problem.

ill give it a shot - its just the same sequence of buttons that wont work sometimes - i hope cleaning it or fiddling with it will help

I bought 2 procontollers about 3 years ago, I'm not sure if there are diffrent versions of them, but I really don't care for them. The fire buttons had no spring to them, and I didn't like the way the D pad rolled, especially when trying to pull off moves in fighting games.

If you don't have a procontroller the D pad is like the D pad on the standard sega saturn controllers.