IGNORED

The Last Word, SIDE 2, Fujinet and Saving Files

I have a puzzle I haven't been able to figure out.  Here is my issue:

I want to save a file to a disk image on drive 1 or 2 on Fujinet from TLW.  TLW hangs when I attempt to do this, it does create a file, but its 0 sectors and can't be opened.  I have spent some time troubleshooting and I have discovered that saving a file ANYWHERE other than the directory that I load TLW from causes this hang and creates the empty file.  So has anyone had this issue before?

Details about my setup.

U1MB - up to date firmware

VBXE installed - I used TLW 3.3 RC1

I use a SIDE2 cart and load up SDX (current version) and run TLW from D3: in a subdirectory named LW.  I always load LW using the X LW.EXE command

From SDX, I can move files around to the Fujinet and other Drives (like D4:) without issue, I can even load that file back into TLW, but if I try to save it, no dice.

Lotharek Fujinet with most up to date firmware.

Thoughts?

Edited by Atari8guy

So TLW is capable of saving the file to the HDD, but not to the SIO device. Since the storage device is abstracted from the application by DOS and the SIO drivers (thus the application has no idea which volume is on the HDD and which is on the FujiNet) it's certainly a bit puzzling. It's possible that it's actually DOS that is hanging and failing to return from the CIO call.

What divisor are you running on the FujiNet? SDX SIO drivers are generally unhappy with divisors below 3 or 2 or so, which could be a factor when writing to a serial device. I remember the progress bar in some versions of TLW didn't care for low divisors either (it was designed back when SIO divisor 0 was rarely used).

EDIT: I see U1MB in the hardware specs, so are you also running the U1MB HSIO driver?

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

So I thought to change the Fujinet Divisor, but I didn't change U1MB.

Of course, now that I have, it is working fine.

You should add "Award Winning Technical Support" to the list of TLW accolades.  

Thank you!!!

• Like 2