IGNORED

Dungeon Hunt II: locked myself in a room!

Hello! Finally got around to playing the excellent Dungeon Hunt II after being recommended it (and its predecessor) by a good pal a while back. I got up to the level "The City" but inadvertently locked myself in a room by re-entering a locked door I'd previously been through, meaning there was no key to pick up inside and thus no way back out of the room.

Is there any way out of a situation like this, or is that just the end of my run? :)

Also while we're on, if anyone has a copy of the manuals for either game (if they exist?) can you please share them? I can't seem to find any archived online anywhere.

• Like 1

When Dungeon Hunt II was sold, it came with a manual. I have a PDF copy of it. However, I don’t know if it was intended to be released when he decided to freely give away the game. 

There’s no hint book that I know of so it wouldn’t help with being trapped in the room. 

Bob C

20 hours ago, pjedavison said:

Hello! Finally got around to playing the excellent Dungeon Hunt II after being recommended it (and its predecessor) by a good pal a while back. I got up to the level "The City" but inadvertently locked myself in a room by re-entering a locked door I'd previously been through, meaning there was no key to pick up inside and thus no way back out of the room.

Is there any way out of a situation like this, or is that just the end of my run? :)

Also while we're on, if anyone has a copy of the manuals for either game (if they exist?) can you please share them? I can't seem to find any archived online anywhere.

I ran into this post... It might be useful:

Edited by Yautja

If you click on the thread that Yautja posted about Dungeon Hunt I & II, go to the last page of the thread and you'll find a downloadable preliminary manual for Dungeon Hunt I and a complete Manual for Dungeon Hunt II. Both in PDF format. Thanks for the link Yautja!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Yautja also sent the DHII manual to me privately. Thank you for that!

In answer to my original question, I believe if you get into the situation I described you are boned. However, you can pick a level to start from (up to the one you previously got to) from the title screen with Option (it saves your progress, including stats, to disk, I believe?), so if you get "stuck" it's a case of restarting and picking that level to go from again. Haven't actually tried that yet but will give it a go later and report back.

2 hours ago, pjedavison said:

In answer to my original question, I believe if you get into the situation I described you are boned. However, you can pick a level to start from (up to the one you previously got to) from the title screen with Option (it saves your progress, including stats, to disk, I believe?), so if you get "stuck" it's a case of restarting and picking that level to go from again. Haven't actually tried that yet but will give it a go later and report back.

If you are playing the game in an emulator such as Altirra, change memory location $B0AD to 1 using the "Cheater" or the Debugger(Altirra Debugger command being "eb $B0AD 1"). That should give you a key.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pjedavison said:

Just tested this and it indeed works. Booting the game fresh says how far you previously got and allows you to start from your furthest reached level by beginning the game with Option. So if you get stuck like I did, reboot and restart the level!

• Like 1