IGNORED

Got my Tempest 2000 Soundtrack...

Jasoco

Congrats! It's got some awesome techno music. It's a great disc. I actually aquired my shrinkwrapped one off ebay a few months ago for $2.99(plus shipping). I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers to Tempest! :)

Same price here! Was it $3 S/H for you?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've actually read somewhere on one of the millions of Jag sites that it was possible to play the cd and the game at the same time, but i've never tried to verify this, and some things i've read kind of conflict with this theory. Dunno, maybe somebody more knowlegeable could confirm or deny this...? :?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've actually read somewhere on one of the millions of Jag sites that it was possible to play the cd and the game at the same time, but i've never tried to verify this, and some things i've read kind of conflict with this theory. Dunno, maybe somebody more knowlegeable could confirm or deny this...? :?

You could turn the in-game music off and replace it with that from the CD? :D

Otherwise I doubt it's possible...feel free to prove me wrong though :)

Stone

yeah, do what Stone said, turn down the cart music (but keep the sound effects on) and put the cd into a player or another cd console and play it while playing tempest!

i think what your remembering about being able to play the cd on the Jag, while the cart is plugged in is an interview that was done with Jeff Minter years ago regarding Defender 2000. It was before it's release, and it was still not known for sure if the game would come out on cart or cd and Jeff said he wanted to implement an option, if it came out on cart, to be able to put in a music cd and play it with the game. Apparently this never happened; unless it's an as of yet, unfound code...

if your going the excessive route of using another CD console to play the T2k music CD then you may as well use a JagCD with the VLM, and put the 2 TV sets next to each other :), perhaps surround the game screen with other TV's playing the VLM from the CD Unit, for the ultimate trippy experience :)

I actually have a Jeff Minter signed copy of the Tempest 2000 soundtrack. I won it during a rountable online discussion on GEnie back in the early 90's.

Pretty cool stuff, but I doubt its really worth anything.

Pete

I met Jeff Minter at Retrovision 3 this year, and he signed my copy of Trip-a-Tron, nice bloke that he is. I had my Tempest 2000 soundtrack CD as well but left it in my car which was parked far away, D'OH!

http://www.myatari.net/issues/mar2003/retro3.htm

I dont know why people like the music so much. I mean I'm into techno and all and "game music" but I dont find it isnt good at all. There are other games on Jag that have better music and I would prefer to have those on CD instead. Also its people that probably dont like techno music that like this CD too

Techno is most deffinately NOT my thing :) BUT I do like the tunes on T2K in the actual game, I don't mind mod music despite the way it tends to lean to dancy/techno beats. BUT! I am a big fan of the Turrican music.. now that is just AWESOME!

The T2K CD I have as I got it with my CD Unit, I just played about 10 seconds of each track and never listened to it again..

After the first day of T2K ownership I turned the music option OFF and

havn't listened to it again...

...but I am also a player who almost exclusively plays the classic

Tempest and not 2000 :ponder:

I just really dig the sound effects and would rather hear just that but

somethimes I put on a Radiohead CD while playing :music:

John