IGNORED

Possible bug with Atari800MacX 6.0.1?

@atarimac

I believe I’ve encountered a bug in the program (v6.0.1). I’m using my M2 Pro Mac mini running Sonoma 14.4.1. And I also tried it on my 2012 MacBook Pro also running Sonoma 14.4.1 (via OCLP). 

I was trying to EDIT an ATR file and the program crashed. I was baffled because I’m able to EDIT other ATRs. Except for this specific one.

The ATR that I’m trying to EDIT is a SpartaDOS 3.3a 16meg ATR with 72 programs in it. And when I select an ATR with maybe about 10 programs in it, it doesn’t crash. 

Also, when I’m editing the ATR with the 10 programs and start drag/dropping programs into it, the directory will get corrupted when I add maybe about 20 more programs to it while in EDIT mode. It will get corrupted whether I’m dragging programs 1 by 1 or multiple programs. It’ll get corrupted in both the EDIT screen and also when I type DIR at the Dx: prompt.

I started deleting one program at a time and selecting the ATR to edit and it continued to crash until I reached a file count of 65. At that point I was able to open the ATR to EDIT without crashing. 

So is 65 the true limit to be able to EDIT an ATR or is this a bug?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Atari800MacX and I'm getting the same results.

Anyone else?

On my Mac Studio M1 Max, I have all kind of issues anyway with this emulator. I wished there were more updates. I have been a very happy and satisfied user of Atari800Mac, but since I moved to this computer, it is all kind of trouble. 

And yes, the crashes with editing certain types of ATR files, happen here too... but I believe they did that before as well. I always edit small ATR files, and then on the real hardware I move everything to the 16MB SpartaDos partitions.

18 hours ago, Marius said:

On my Mac Studio M1 Max, I have all kind of issues anyway with this emulator. I wished there were more updates. I have been a very happy and satisfied user of Atari800Mac, but since I moved to this computer, it is all kind of trouble. 

And yes, the crashes with editing certain types of ATR files, happen here too... but I believe they did that before as well. I always edit small ATR files, and then on the real hardware I move everything to the 16MB SpartaDos partitions.

Besides the crashing of ATRs with more than 65 files in them, the program has been stable with my M2 Pro Mini.

Did you do a fresh install when you switched to your studio?

2 hours ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Besides the crashing of ATRs with more than 65 files in them, the program has been stable with my M2 Pro Mini.

Did you do a fresh install when you switched to your studio?

Yes I did. And I got weird glitches in the screen handling, and now it does not even want to show anything on the screen at all.

I did stick to the OS version "Mac OS Monterey" (12.7.3) because I did not want to lose compatibility with applications that are important for my daily work.

It's a pity that it is slightly glitchy. I love the emulator.

I will try to remove the app entirely and re-install it. Sometimes it is difficult to re-install an app, because things are left behind when you drag an app to the trash. In the past I used an app called APP ZAPPER on Mac OS (I remember I used it already when I was on Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.x) 

Let's see whether that app still exists for this version of Mac OS

4 hours ago, Marius said:

Yes I did. And I got weird glitches in the screen handling, and now it does not even want to show anything on the screen at all.

I did stick to the OS version "Mac OS Monterey" (12.7.3) because I did not want to lose compatibility with applications that are important for my daily work.

It's a pity that it is slightly glitchy. I love the emulator.

I will try to remove the app entirely and re-install it. Sometimes it is difficult to re-install an app, because things are left behind when you drag an app to the trash. In the past I used an app called APP ZAPPER on Mac OS (I remember I used it already when I was on Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.x) 

Let's see whether that app still exists for this version of Mac OS

I started using App Cleaner and Uninstaller.  It's pretty good.