IGNORED

[CLOSED] 2024 Lynx High Score Club: Round 3 - Pac-Land and Eggsavier's Cackleberry Rescue

4 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Double tap right and just run over the bridge, jump off at the end of it.

You can jump while running across the bridge too, you just have to be running no matter what.

You should relatively easily be able to finish the first stage with around 40000 points and four lives if you do a good job of timing the power pellets. I reset the game if I don't get a 1up at the first power pellet.

I haven't gotten past round 9 yet. Got there with three lives and dumped them all in the first few screens 😆

Ok I gave it a few more tries, even managed to jump across that pond though I think that part is utterly unfair. Its a fun game for sure but I am happy that I didn't buy this as a kid :D

37670 at round 5.. I'm probably skipping a lot of hidden bonuses.

Screenshot from 2024-04-22 11-59-14.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ninjabba said:

Ok I gave it a few more tries, even managed to jump across that pond though I think that part is utterly unfair. Its a fun game for sure but I am happy that I didn't buy this as a kid :D

37670 at round 5.. I'm probably skipping a lot of hidden bonuses.

Screenshot from 2024-04-22 11-59-14.png

Ghosts are completely random. I reached round 11 but only 90.000 points as the game did not spawn enough ghosts for the Pellets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Ghosts are completely random. I reached round 11 but only 90.000 points as the game did not spawn enough ghosts for the Pellets.

The randomness is a bit of a problem yes, especially at that jump for the pond. It took me probably 10 tries before I could get a run where ghosts weren't spawned in the middle of it.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Ninjabba said:

The randomness is a bit of a problem yes, especially at that jump for the pond. It took me probably 10 tries before I could get a run where ghosts weren't spawned in the middle of it.

Yep and they respawn lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ninjabba said:

Weird, the first pond shouldn't have ghosts?

12 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Weird, the first pond shouldn't have ghosts?

It most certainly has it on the emulator.. maybe its different on real hardware? RNG behaving different because of that? I don't own the original game, so I can't check this.

• Confused 1

Great to see you @MichaG! Thanks for the scores! That's an amazing score on egg mode - I found egg mode much harder than virus mode since I habitually moved out of the way before the egg officially counted as caught.

Quick last minute tips on Pac-Land:

- double tap to run, and run everywhere!

- Push the second (?) fire hydrant for a hardhat that will protect you from ghost bombs and even earn you points for getting hit. 
- ghostbombs count as ghosts when you get a power pill.

- try to move left and right around powerpills to get a good crowd inbound before picking up the powerpill and eating them all

- when jumping off springboards make sure you're at top speed and then tap tap tap tap to the right to keep going as far as you can. There aren't any really hairy jumps until the fourth loop.

- when you need to land on islands stop tapping sooner than you expect to need to!

• Like 2