IGNORED

Old CX78 gamepad 'up' issue on one system

ewokmic

I have an old CX78 that I plugged into my 2600+ but up/forward wasn't recognised. I've done a teardown and clean of the pad but that seems to have been unnecessary because now I realise in controller port 2 its working fine. I've tried my spare 2600+ console (without firmware update) and it works fine in both ports fine. So an issue with my 2600+ port perhaps? Its working fine with other controllers.

I have a very similar issue with an old CX-78 pad.   

The inside appears to be in great shape with no issues.  I plug it in and it works fine for a while - and then the Right direction stops working for no apparent reason.

I then take the controller apart, find no issue, put it back together, and again, it works for a while (like 15-20 minutes) and then the Right direction stops responding again.

I finally gave up, assumed it to be flawed wiring in the gamepad, and bought another 7800 controller which gives me no issues at all.

I have issues with my OG CX-78 pad as well on the 2600+.  Most of the time both buttons will register as the B button.  Like in 7800 Asteroids for example, all I can do in hyperwarp around and not shoot.  My OG proline joysticks work great though.  I'm still on 1.0 firmware.