IGNORED

"Hidden" (and Hiding) Folders on a 400 Mini USB Drive

Torq

This probably won't come as a surprise to Windows users, since it shouldn't be hidden for them, but for macOS/Linux users, there's a ".atari400" folder that holds all the save-game data (appears to get created the first time you save a game) on the USB drive.  Since it's is a "dot" folder, macOS and Linux will hide it by default.

If you're backing-up or copying your USB Drive, you'll want to make sure you include that folder.

On macOS you can toggle showing hidden files by hitting SHIFT + CMD + . 

---

The 400 Mini will not show "dot" files/folders (any folder or file that begins with a period) in the USB Media browser.

I tried this as I wanted to hide the folder in which I had all my .atr files, so all that was visible in the USB Media browser were actual game files, single-disk .ATRs and any .m3u files I'd created for multi-disk/.atr games.  And it works fine.  You can put a "." at the start of the folder name (e.g., ".ATRs") and it won't show up in the browser.  But if your .m3u file references ".ATRs/Game - Disk 1 Side 1.atr" (etc.) it will resolve it correctly.

• Like 3