IGNORED

The End of the Atari Network Podcast

Cousin Vinnie

Jon Stoll II has decided to step away from doing the Atari Network Podcast, and I’m not continuing it without him, so that will essentially be the end of that. I will still update the Atari 7800 Forever website and YouTube Channel, and he will continue with the Atari Network YouTube channel. We had a fun run and I hate that it came to an end. Thanks to everyone who followed and participated in the chat! So much fun! #atari #atari7800 #atari2600

435967760_10169452558365643_2872158342709707705_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Well join the club The Atari Report also went down in flames 2 years ago too due to poor viewer count, so that’s two of us.

Just noticed you're from Port Townsend. Beautiful & unique town you live in. I've been there a couple of times off the Whidbey Island ferry. Attended the Brass Screw Consortium many moons ago.

• Like 2

FWIW, magazines and similar online content is just not as desirable as it used to be. I'm not saying it is not good anymore, not all print was good either, but with so much interactive content, like this very forum, we get all the entertainment and info we need. I haven't bought a magazine subscription or at a news stand for at least a decade now.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 9:48 AM, LiqMatrix said:

Just noticed you're from Port Townsend. Beautiful & unique town you live in. I've been there a couple of times off the Whidbey Island ferry. Attended the Brass Screw Consortium many moons ago.

Hey thanks, while IT IS a beautiful are here in the Great Northwest it is also a very tough area to get your wares noticed on a mainstream platform, hence my having to resort to "stalking" Cindy Margolis (she and I were former high school classmates and co-graduates 40 years ago in L.A. at The Notorious Erik And Joan Erikson Center, Tarzana, CA) and mentioning her name over and over again constantly in order to prop up my career so I can get the same opportunities in the entertainment business as people in more metropolitan and urban areas do without having to move to "the big city", mostly due to both my poor social skills and being severely-low-income, when you live in a densely rural area like Port Townsend/Jefferson County I feel I'm at a significant disadvantage because of all of that.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 6:14 PM, BIGHMW said:

Hey thanks, while IT IS a beautiful are here in the Great Northwest it is also a very tough area to get your wares noticed on a mainstream platform, hence my having to resort to "stalking" Cindy Margolis (she and I were former high school classmates and co-graduates 40 years ago in L.A. at The Notorious Erik And Joan Erikson Center, Tarzana, CA) and mentioning her name over and over again constantly in order to prop up my career so I can get the same opportunities in the entertainment business as people in more metropolitan and urban areas do without having to move to "the big city", mostly due to both my poor social skills and being severely-low-income, when you live in a densely rural area like Port Townsend/Jefferson County I feel I'm at a significant disadvantage because of all of that.

Life doesn't work like that, you need to stop thinking that way, it's not healthy.

• Like 10

I just watched your new Atari 7800 video on youtube, the Blockem Sockem review, and at the end you were making me really sad when you said you missed John Stoll. You broke my heart a little. Are you guys still friends? Will you ever do any more shows or reviews together? You guys are hilarious together and not the same (as good) apart. Just my opinion but it's like Abbot and Costello broke up. John if you read this, you need Vinnie, give him another chance, you know you want to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, buescherking said:

I just watched your new Atari 7800 video on youtube, the Blockem Sockem review, and at the end you were making me really sad when you said you missed John Stoll. You broke my heart a little. Are you guys still friends? Will you ever do any more shows or reviews together? You guys are hilarious together and not the same (as good) apart. Just my opinion but it's like Abbot and Costello broke up. John if you read this, you need Vinnie, give him another chance, you know you want to. 

We are good. He is trying to monetize his channel and stuff he was doing with me (podcasts, interviews, combined reviews) were his least viewed features, so he had to cut them. We would get around 500 views between both channels and his other stuff gets 1000s... so it was a business move for him. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Cousin Vinnie/Funkmast V et al,
     That's a shame about the Atari Network Podcast coming to an end. But I'm excited to read that the Atari7800 Forever website and its corrisponding YouTube channel will continue. I enjoy what you post on both of them. Especially helpful for an Atari 7800 owner like me. :)

Greetings from Delaware,
PlaidMouse

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 8:54 AM, PlaidMouse said:

Dear Cousin Vinnie/Funkmast V et al,
     That's a shame about the Atari Network Podcast coming to an end. But I'm excited to read that the Atari7800 Forever website and its corrisponding YouTube channel will continue. I enjoy what you post on both of them. Especially helpful for an Atari 7800 owner like me. :)

Greetings from Delaware,
PlaidMouse

So you're the one! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 2:51 AM, Cousin Vinnie said:

So you're the one! 

Probably! If you are refering to checking out the website and watching the YouTube channel, then it definately is me. If not, then maybe it's me? :)

Edited by PlaidMouse
Fixing a typo.
  • Haha 1