IGNORED

PlayStation 2 slim SCPH - 75003 Disc start spinning and afer few seconds stop

Sentinell_krk

Hi guys, 

I have a problem with my PlayStation 2 slim SCPH - 75003. The issue is „The disc could not be read.” It doesn’t happens all the time. Actually right now it is most of the time, but after few times to lunch a game it starts. But after power of on the issue is there again. I checked the switches which are confirming that the disk lead is closed and they looks fine. I opened the PS 2 to check woh the issue looks like and I see that the disc is spinning but after a while it is stopping. Does anybody has a clue what can be the issue here? I will attach the video of to here bellow:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't read this forum section very often, but today I did.

You can do experiment too, the PS2 has games on DVD (silver disc) and CDROM (blue disc). If you have the blue game disc, go and try to see if it works. Most of the time the cdrom function goes out first, like on my original fat version did.

Anyway, I think your laser assembly is bad and may need to be changed. 

My son's slim ps2 did similar things. I changed the laser module and it work fine now. I also had another problem, the CD spin motor was bent a bit and made the disc wobble, so I changed that too.

You can buy the laser assembly only, or the whole laser tray, it depends how much money you want to spend.