IGNORED

Has anyone received cartridges purchased directly from Atari?

Blueflu

At this point I really only trust amazon to buy stuff online.

EBay is generally good with buyer protection. If you know how to correctly communicate with the seller correctly.  Because of experiences in the past on ebay and how they operate, there's sort of a trick to working with them.

I have generally had good experiences on Etsy. With people that are making something they are passionate about. They are decent and in the cases where they don't end up shipping it properly. I have gotten a refund from Etsy, so I feel like etsy is a pretty good site.

Unless it's something I can't get any other way, I prefer to stick with those websites. Because any other third party website or direct company site is a crapshoot in terms of how good there are fulfillment process is, Whether they're gonna be hacked at some point and leak all your private customer data, which is happened to me like thirty times already....

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Blueflu said:

Nearly one year later and still no cartridge.  They only reply that its coming soon......  Never pre-order anything from Atari.  Only buy off of Amazon.  Lesson learned...

I’ve received everything I’ve ordered from Atari but I haven’t ordered any XP or collectors edition carts.

Whoever is in charge of making the carts for the 2600+ reissues is handling it a lot more efficiently than the XP line it seems.

• Like 3

On 10/8/2024 at 7:39 PM, thecavalry said:

I had read somewhere that limited run was possibly doing the xp carts. If so, that goes all the way towards explaining the delays.

Atari asked me to make the XP carts, starting with Silver Outlaw and Mr Run and Jump that was sent to market a couple of months ago. The rest of the silver XP carts along with the Billy Butcher box set is going into manufacture at the moment and will be delivered to Atari in less then a month.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Atari asked me to make the XP carts, starting with Silver Outlaw and Mr Run and Jump that was sent to market a couple of months ago. The rest of the silver XP carts along with the Billy Butcher box set is going into manufacture at the moment and will be delivered to Atari in less then a month.

I'm a butcher billy box customer, and this is the most detail I have received outside of "within the next 60-90 days" which was back in January, May, and September of this year.  Thanks for the insight, Ben

18 hours ago, Bitsized said:

I'm a butcher billy box customer, and this is the most detail I have received outside of "within the next 60-90 days" which was back in January, May, and September of this year.  Thanks for the insight, Ben

Would this be the same response for Save Mary (Limited Edition), Dark Chambers (Limited Edition), and Fatal Run (Limited Edition)? These were all ordered in October & November of last year and I haven't seen a proactive update in quite a while.