IGNORED

Can someone give me some info about this cartridge?

AtariYMás009

17 minutes ago, TampaBay said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that eBay listing is a normal Atari 2600 Centipede cartridge with the silver label they used for those during that production run.

Yes, you are 

If look closer there is an Orange sticker underneath the grey one.

But yes, my copy and the one scanned on atarimania were not relabeled with the gray ones, since there's not enough deteriorarion that shows that the gray label was removed, so maybe these are more rare since atari sold them with incorrect label.

26 minutes ago, AtariYMás009 said:

Yes, you are 

If look closer there is an Orange sticker underneath the grey one.

But yes, my copy and the one scanned on atarimania were not relabeled with the gray ones, since there's not enough deteriorarion that shows that the gray label was removed, so maybe these are more rare since atari sold them with incorrect label.

Whoa!  Those are some eagle-eyes you have there to notice that tiny sliver of orange on the left side.  I didn't even see it.  I bet any amount of money that the eBay guy has no idea there is a Colecovision label underneath.  There's no way he knows that.

16 hours ago, AtariYMás009 said:

Yes, I knew that, but I wonder why Atari corp would put this label on an Atari 2600 Game?, probably just a confussion that atari corp had and later put the gray sticker Over it?

Anyway, does this missprint make this cartridge rare? I think so, because anyone here seemed not to know about It before and there is almost any people that sells or own It.

This label variation is known for over 20 years.

BTW: some non Atari corp. 1982 silver label Centipede carts also carried the orange fat font end label.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Well, it is known that it exists, but there is no information on how rare it is. Yesterday I sent atriboxed some scans of the box and cartridges, but based on the little information we have, and that it is a rare variant, I would consider cataloging it in a level between 7-8 rarity for the cartridge and 9 if you have the box

7 hours ago, AtariYMás009 said:

I would consider cataloging it in a level between 7-8 rarity for the cartridge and 9 if you have the box

There is a flaw with your rarity 9 assessment. If you have the box, and the box has been opened, how could anyone know whether the box is the same that originally came with your cartridge variation?

Also, in the absence of any real data, you're kinda pulling these numbers out of your @ss.

-Ben

Edited by Pitfall Harry
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pitfall Harry said:

There is a flaw with your rarity 9 assessment. If you have the box, and the box has been opened, how could anyone know whether the box is the same that originally came with your cartridge variation?

Also, in the absence of any real data, you're kinda pulling these numbers out of your @ss.

-Ben

Of course, of course, it was an estimate, but it would be appropriate to classify it as rarity 7 (for loose cart at least) according to what atariboxed says: ''You will need a long time to find them. Persistence pays off. Don't give up, the chance will arise at some point. These titles are a good trading bait to do business with other collectors.''
Some Spanish CBS cartridges are also classified as rarity 7 and yet they are quite common here in Spain, venture for example.

3 hours ago, AtariYMás009 said:

Of course, of course, it was an estimate, but it would be appropriate to classify it as rarity 7 (for loose cart at least) according to what atariboxed says: ''You will need a long time to find them. Persistence pays off. Don't give up, the chance will arise at some point. These titles are a good trading bait to do business with other collectors.''
Some Spanish CBS cartridges are also classified as rarity 7 and yet they are quite common here in Spain, venture for example.

Nobody really knows how rare Atari videogames are. In the absence of hard figures and demise-of-game figures, it's all just educated guesswork.  And as you've noted, rarity depends greatly on your geographic location.

-Ben

• Like 1