IGNORED

How to access the virtual keyboard while using the 8BitDo SN30 Pro controller - any ideas?

sugarkane

I switched from the CXSTICK to the 8BitDo and am enjoying it -- however, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to access the virtual keyboard with this controller. Has anyone else who's used the 8bitdo had any success doing so? My gaming area is a bit crowded for an actual keyboard and I'd sure like to access the virtual keyboard as I did with the CXSTICK

Assuming it functions like a PlayStation gamepad I’d say press select+start. If the Menu and Home buttons aren’t mapped you’re either going to have to create some kind of controller config file on your USB key (I think this has been discussed in another thread) or connect the CX stick for this function.

On 4/10/2024 at 10:51 AM, Sean_1970 said:

Assuming it functions like a PlayStation gamepad I’d say press select+start. If the Menu and Home buttons aren’t mapped you’re either going to have to create some kind of controller config file on your USB key (I think this has been discussed in another thread) or connect the CX stick for this function.

Thanks, I will give the select+start a try. Maybe I can manage the controller config too! We shall see...

On 4/10/2024 at 11:12 AM, fant3 said:

If you have room for the CXSTICK in the area as well, you can plug it into port 2-4 and use the buttons on it while using the 8BitDo controller in player 1.

I may just do this if I struggle w/ the other options. Would be nice to not have to use two controllers, but this is certainly a better option than a keyboard. Thank you!

• Like 1