IGNORED

Asteroid v Claw (Spinner Controlled Exclusive Game) - (in VCS Store)

metgangames

Hi everyone, after a long time no see, I made another game which features paddle controller, since everyone loved BasketBoom!
It's coming to Atari VCS exclusively.
Can be played with modern controller as well, but classic controller is way to go for best experience.

Here is trailer:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Looks great fun! I'll be picking it up as soon as it hits the Atari VCS store. I honestly appreciate the fact that your taking advantage of that classic joystick and spinner in your new game releases! 🙂 

Thank you, the best way to help me keep doing these is purchasing when a new one comes out indeed 😃 Spinner is the most unique part of VCS and should be used more and more I think. As I double-checked with BasketBoom! and counter-checked with Timeline Mission!, VCS community consists all grown ups who has barely time to gaming and looking for fast paced, action packed, simple and small games. And it matches with my skillset highly, so community 🤝 me

• Like 3

On 4/12/2024 at 8:11 PM, RollOut said:

I definitely agree with the classic controller support. I'm instantly more interested when a game comes out with good spinner controls. This looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks. As long as QA tester Uncle Flip confirmed, it's quite fun. With right power ups, you can feel invincible 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metgangames said:

It's live on Atari VCS Store everyone! Happy launch day!

Just downloaded it! Wow it works so good with the Classic Joystick and is so much fun, i honestly didn't want to stop playing. I'll hopefully get to play more of it over the weekend but first impressions are really positive. I hope it does well on the Atari VCS store for you, I'm sure it will as it plays to the strengths of the Atari VCS 800 and the Classic Joystick 😀. Keep the spinner releases coming! 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Just downloaded it! Wow it works so good with the Classic Joystick and is so much fun, i honestly didn't want to stop playing. I'll hopefully get to play more of it over the weekend but first impressions are really positive. I hope it does well on the Atari VCS store for you, I'm sure it will as it plays to the strengths of the Atari VCS 800 and the Classic Joystick 😀. Keep the spinner releases coming! 

Thank you, I hope it can provide hours of fun to everyone! 🥰

• Like 1

Looks like Asteroid v Claw has went missing from the Atari VCS 800 store and my actual account to for that matter! Is there a reason its been pulled from the store? I really can't be dealing with chasing down customer support to push the game back to my account honestly, the store needs a purchased option so you can grab the game yourself without needing customer support in these instances. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Looks like Asteroid v Claw has went missing from the Atari VCS 800 store and my actual account to for that matter! Is there a reason its been pulled from the store? I really can't be dealing with chasing down customer support to push the game back to my account honestly, the store needs a purchased option so you can grab the game yourself without needing customer support in these instances. 

Hi man, sorry for the issue. Turns out, it was a backend issue on Atari’s end but it is fixed now.@davpa can inform you more detailed if he has any more detailed info on the subject. 
Nonetheless, I have project copies of each game I have released. In case of store shutdown for good, I can publish games on itch or similar platform to prevent any loss (your progress data would be gone tho).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, metgangames said:

Hi man, sorry for the issue. Turns out, it was a backend issue on Atari’s end but it is fixed now.@davpa can inform you more detailed if he has any more detailed info on the subject. 
Nonetheless, I have project copies of each game I have released. In case of store shutdown for good, I can publish games on itch or similar platform to prevent any loss (your progress data would be gone tho).

Thanks for letting me know that the issue is resolved! I will probably need to re download the game again from the store. I don't really like the fact that the backend issue allowed the game to uninstall itself completely on its own from my system, it makes me worry about my future purchases on the Atari VCS going forward and also my current game library 😅. Here's hoping it was just a once off type thing. It's good to know though that if the store closes soon you've got back ups and games ready to go on itch.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Thanks for letting me know that the issue is resolved! I will probably need to re download the game again from the store. I don't really like the fact that the backend issue allowed the game to uninstall itself completely on its own from my system, it makes me worry about my future purchases on the Atari VCS going forward and also my current game library 😅. Here's hoping it was just a once off type thing. It's good to know though that if the store closes soon you've got back ups and games ready to go on itch.

I’m sure it was one time small thing but I’m gladly ready for any issues. All projects backed up on cloud repository. Unless Unity (the engine I use) vanishes magically, I can always build & distribute game files on Internet

• Like 2