IGNORED

Adventure II ROM not working with Retroarch but everything else does.

paulwgraber

While Im going thru my true systems Im also building an arcade CAB. Ive noticed that adventure II is always looking for a Bios file in Retoarch.

I have the a5200 and a800 bios file installed in my retroarch systems folder. In fact all my 5200 ROMS work great but not Adventure 2.

Help!.

Yes I do have the original and am playing that on my modded 5200 but am trying to duplicate my collection in my cab as well.

We had a Y2K compliant code change to the Atari Fuji boot up logic to the bios for Adventure 2.  If your emulator has its own 5200 bios ROM, My guess is that’s why it may not work in your emulator. You have to use the original Atari 5200 bios ROM.  

I have to do the same thing in the Altirra emulator to get A2 or Koffi to work on it. Should be no big deal though.

Also Cafeman. Do you have to grab all three bats eggs to get the highest ranking?

I did everything including the 4 keys in the secret room let the bat steal them and the Chalice and returned it to seashore castle.

I even killed all three dragons twice. the first time I got stuck coming out of the secret room so I had to hit the 5 key. Kind of a crappy bug but oh.

anyway I still got duck food.

Kill at least  3 dragons , don’t get eaten more than 1 time,  and I believe find at least 2 bat eggs.  Don’t hit revive too many times - 5?  I can’t remember. Bring the chalice back and complete the game. You should get the best ranking. Or at least the 2nd best. 

Duck food probably means you were eaten too many times, 3? 4? 5?  Can’t recall. 

For 5200 Adventure II, the following is probably correct for the 7 possible rankings.  It isn't too hard to get the best ranking, if you are familiar with the game.   (The XE version is different, and has 16 possible rankings which are also affected by which character you play as). 

• If you Quit the game before winning,  Block Head
  • If you Quit and are in Eaten State, Square Meal 
  • if TimesEaten >= 4, Duck Food.  Else: 
  • default ranking = Peasant 
  • if you won game and killed 2 Dragons, Castle Guard (3rd highest ranking) 
  • if you won game and killed 3+ Dragons, Swashbuckler (2nd highest ranking) 
  • If you got a good ranking so far, and you didn't revive more than 1 time, and you killed 3+ Dragons, and found at least 1 Bat Egg, you get the best ranking.  
    Spoiler

Chalice Master

• Like 1