IGNORED

Stereo Pokey

yorxs

I downloaded FloB today and noticed it says the game supports optional stereo Pokey. When the game loads it indicates Mono sound. I checked the .cfg file created for the game, but I did not see any options relating to sound. Also I could not find anywhere in the PDF manual where it discusses sound. Does anyone know how to enable the optional Pokey sound on the 400 Mini?

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

The included game Yoomp! would support stereo too but THE400 Mini doesn't have it...

Yoomp is a good game for stereo, because not only does it use both POKEY chips for the music, but it also enables positional audio for the ball; so the bouncing sound will gradually pan from one side to the other as the ball is moved from one side to the other. I'm not sure there's any other game that does that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yorxs said:

Does anyone know how to enable the optional Pokey sound on the 400 Mini?

You become what you bought, any original Atari has only one pokey-chip so its only a "nice to have" by a firmware update

There are many more things that are more important like NTSC Artifacting and so on...

Edited by atarimonster