IGNORED

'Token Taverns" -- Documentary on Arcade Bars / Barcades

I just came across this new-ish documentary on Arcade Bars.  It's been out since late 2023.  Maybe some of you have already seen it.  A lot of it is filmed in Florida and I've actually been to a couple of the arcades.  I haven't yet watched the full movie, but I'm going to check it out this week.

You can stream it here for free (no login or anything required, just click Play):

https://tubitv.com/movies/100010742/token-taverns

I watched a few scenes and it looks pretty cool.

• Like 1

Just now, TampaBay said:

Sure!  I only watched a few scenes, but what I've seen looks really interesting. Can't wait to check out the whole film!

Same here...  I watched about 1-2 minutes of a random spot in the middle.  I just had a surgical procedure today, so the anesthetic has got me loopy and tired, so I will be checking it out in full later this evening.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scotty said:

Same here...  I watched about 1-2 minutes of a random spot in the middle.  I just had a surgical procedure today, so the anesthetic has got me loopy and tired, so I will be checking it out in full later this evening.  Thanks again.

Feel better.   Talk about coincidence: I literally just got home from a surgical procedure an hour ago and I'm in the exact same boat, laying down and relaxing.  Get some rest and hope you enjoy the video if you get to it later.

Watched this movie a couple of months back. Had it on in the background while working from home one day. I actually tried to stop at Lowery Barcade on Waters Ave. after work last Friday, but they don't open till 5PM on weekdays.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

Watched this movie a couple of months back. Had it on in the background while working from home one day. I actually tried to stop at Lowery Barcade on Waters Ave. after work last Friday, but they don't open till 5PM on weekdays.

Cool, yeah Lowry Parcade is one of the arcades I was referring to that I've been to.  It's a fun spot.  Worth stopping in if you pass by or are in the area.  

Not sure where you are in Tampa Bay, but Replay arcade is also worth a visit, and worth the drive if it's not crazy far from you.  You may have already seen my post on it, if not, the link is below.  Replay is in downtown Tarpon Springs (not the Sponge Docks area) and it's awesome.  It's a regular arcade, no bar or food, but you can leave and come back as much as you want, and there's a bunch of bars and restaurants right around it within a couple of blocks.  I'm in Northwest Tampa Bay, so it's not too far from me.  I go all the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

I will have to check it out for sure. Looks like they have a lot of options to play there. I'm in east Pasco near Saint Leo, so Tarpon Springs is a bit out of the way, but definitely looks like it would be worth the drive. 

Nice.  I go up to the Pasco County Fair, which I'm pretty sure is right by you.

Yeah, you could make a day of it, if you ever felt like swinging over that way.  The arcade is $14 for the day, and all the games are on free-play.  We head over in the morning, play for a little while, grab some lunch and a beer, play a little more, and if we're still in town by dinner time, there's an insanely good Creole restaurant called Hour's Creole Smokehouse across the street.