IGNORED

Tempest 2000 high scores?

KIWASABI

Hi, I've been playing Tempest 2000 since about 1994 or 1995 and I hardly play anymore, but when I do I routinely score over the 1 million mark with a regualr controller...BUT..I still have never managed to beat the game with out cheats, as there are some REAL stinker levels that make me so mad I just gave up. But those guys that got scores of 2 and 3 million beat the game and then started playing in I believe it's called Minter mode?? Where the enemies are faster and your little thing that shoots enemies is slower..also more enemies perhaps I'm not real sure, but anyway my point is in this Minter mode the scores are all doubled, which is why the score gets so big! :D

I regularly get 400k - 600k But a couple of times I got into a freak run and pushed the score over 2million. I believe you have to make it to the funky colored grid a second time to do so. I'll have to go look and see what the score was that was saved.

I use the Pro controllers on all my games whenever possible. I should play this game again. I haven't played it in so long, been playing my older systems the past year. I probably couldn't get 50k now :?

But those guys that got scores of 2 and 3 million beat the game and then started playing in I believe it's called Minter mode??  Where the enemies are faster and your little thing that shoots enemies is slower..also more enemies perhaps I'm not real sure, but anyway my point is in this Minter mode the scores are all doubled, which is why the score gets so big!  :D

Ahh....I always wondered how the heck those guys got scores that high.

BTW, the most points I've ever gotten with my first life is 434,304.

It's been a while since I took a good run at this game. My highest so far is 1,050,595... but my second highest is only around 850,000, so I guess I had an excellent run to get that million points!

I can't remember how far I was at the time, but I think I was well into the rainbow levels.

--Zero

I havnt played in a while either, which is kinda weird hehe.

I used to get about 600k as my best on a standard controler, then I built my first rotary and now average over a mill every game. I've never, even with a rotary, managed to beat level 63 lol, its evil. Actually I think I might have once or twice, but then had the last few lives wiped out on 64 before I got a new key to save on 65 :(.

Oh, and btw, always start from level 1, and always miss the last ring in bonus stages (harder to do on green road ones), that way you'll maximise your points and lives, and in the later levels you will need a ton and a half of extra lives lol. The 5 level warp may help you get to the later levels quicker, but the 200,000 point bonus is not enough to compensate for the points you could have earnt on those 5 levels, at least not in my mind anyway.