IGNORED

1450XLD, 1400XL, 1200XL, etc Badge Replacement Survey

Hi ALL

I have the means to do a run of replacement badges for silvery badged machines.

I have requests for 1450XLD and 1400XL's. I have a few 1200XL badges listed on ebay I'll selling at my cost, plus real shipping.

Take a look to see what they are like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305517582224

Please reply with requests and if there are enough, I will get all requested badges done. (it's not whats on the badges, but the number of badges)

For any requesting 1400XL badges, I will need proof you actually have one. I do not want any rebadged 1200's suddenly showing up for sale? (you all know the story of what Atari employees did with trashed 1400's?)  

I get can get other numbers on the badges so do not limit this to the above only. 1050, 1090, 600X, 800XL, etc

They will all be in the font, and pitch, and physical size as the ebay listing for this possible run.

Oh, the prices will probably be a little higher than when I had the ebay listed ones made year+ ago. I do not know exactly, but I'd guesstimate 8-10%, fyi.

Thanks 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KLund1 said:

For any requesting 1400XL badges, I will need proof you actually have one. I do not want any rebadged 1200's suddenly showing up for sale?

Don't see any 1200XL with a PBI & 90 degree to the case joystick ports, lack of L1 & L2 LEDs, lines for modem and all the other differences in the back.

1 hour ago, chevymad said:

How about a 1088XLD for the 1050 case. 

Sure but there is a size difference in length. My badges are only 2 couple inches wide. 1050/1088 might need to be much longer, 8-9 inches? Still want to add 1088XLD to the list?

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Don't see any 1200XL with a PBI & 90 degree to the case joystick ports, lack of L1 & L2 LEDs, lines for modem and all the other differences in the back.

Correct, Helpful items for proof on owning a 1400XL. Thx

4 hours ago, KLund1 said:

Sure but there is a size difference in length. My badges are only 2 couple inches wide. 1050/1088 might need to be much longer, 8-9 inches? Still want to add 1088XLD to the list?

At first thought maybe glue it over the 1050.. but don't think that would look right. So I guess I'm out. Thanks anyway!

18 minutes ago, chevymad said:

At first thought maybe glue it over the 1050.. but don't think that would look right. So I guess I'm out. Thanks anyway!

I'll keep this in mind for when I get the others made. I can ask and get some numbers. Do you have an exact length and width, and position to start print. This material dose not bend well. Going over the far sides may be an issue to consider.

WOW,

I thought there would be more activity, thoughts and ideas on this topic.

(I guess everyone with a 1400XL and 1450XLD has a good case and badges to do match)

But more likely they have found alternative sources for these case badges.

That would be great !!

The more sources the better !!

I hope they will share with the Great Atari Community !

On 4/19/2024 at 11:58 AM, KLund1 said:

Hi ALL

I have the means to do a run of replacement badges for silvery badged machines.

I have requests for 1450XLD and 1400XL's. I have a few 1200XL badges listed on ebay I'll selling at my cost, plus real shipping.

Take a look to see what they are like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305517582224

Thanks 

Is the price for 1 badge or the set of what is shown?  I'd go for a 1450XL or 1450XLD Badge...

2 hours ago, KLund1 said:

WOW

not much response here about this.

There was a thread a while back all about the 1450 with lots of interest.

I guess interest has waned about the best ever A8 :(

The best ever 8-bit Atari that never existed or existed in such small numbers that you aren't likely to get much interest.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:46 PM, Geister said:

The best ever 8-bit Atari that never existed or existed in such small numbers that you aren't likely to get much interest.

True, but about 10 years ago there was a run on 1400/1450 bare boards from BEST. I think there were about 50 of each. They sold out in a couple weeks.

I was think most of those people would want some badges for whatever cases they may be using. Home made or real.

Just thinking out loud....

2 hours ago, KLund1 said:

True, but about 10 years ago there was a run on 1400/1450 bare boards from BEST. I think there were about 50 of each. They sold out in a couple weeks.

I was think most of those people would want some badges for whatever cases they may be using. Home made or real.

Just thinking out loud....

But where would you get the synthesizer/modem chips ? Would be kinda pointless otherwise.

AFAIK the O/S is just the standard 800XL variant. 

That was my thought when the frenzy started back then, but non the less they are all out in the wild somewhere.

Though, there is the faster disk I/O if they made the drive daughter card. And the 1450 disk interaction is quite different then any other A8. fyi

That aside.

Still looking for enough interest to do a run of badges.

OK, so far:

1450XLD     3

1400XL       4

1200XL       1  - Already for sale

1250XL       1

1200XLS     1

1088XLD     1 - but long enough to cover the top of a 1050  (not sure about this one yet, but will cost more than the others, more material.fyi)

I need 11 more to be able to do a run.

• Like 1