IGNORED

Nano PEB Source Files Released

All,

@InsaneMultitasker and I contacted Custodio Malilong who developed the Nano PEB and CF7 devices for the TI-99/4A to check what his current state was on development for the product.  Custodio has given his permissions to release the source files to the Nano PEB as he is no longer working on it or making updates.  So it is with great pleasure that Insane and I release the files we obtained from him to help anyone wanting to develop or improve or just see the method behind his madness.

Enjoy!

nanoPEB.s nanoSIO.s T16C550C.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

This is great news. What about the programming for the controller chip?

Now, I just wish the feds had returned my whole nanoPEB instead of just the compact flash and adapter part.

As I always had in the back of my mind to make this device better with similar features of the Horizon Ramdisk.

At least I can study the code, just no way to physically test it on real hardware.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Shift838 said:

All,

@InsaneMultitasker and I contacted Custodio Malilong who developed the Nano PEB and CF7 devices for the TI-99/4A to check what his current state was on development for the product.  Custodio has given his permissions to release the source files to the Nano PEB as he is no longer working on it or making updates.  So it is with great pleasure that Insane and I release the files we obtained from him to help anyone wanting to develop or improve or just see the method behind his madness.

Smashing stuff! Did you explore the possibility of getting the schematics for the various versions, or the code for the Xilinx CPLD?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Smashing stuff! Did you explore the possibility of getting the schematics for the various versions, or the code for the Xilinx CPLD?

no, but I can ask.  Never hurts to ask.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shift838 said:

no, but I can ask.  Never hurts to ask.

Would be great if you could, if you're happy to do so. Perhaps with an emphasis on being able to diagnose/repair the broken units out there, as opposed to plans to build new ones.

We know there are at least three PCB layouts, one with the EEPROM and RAM as thru-hole (DIP) components, and two layouts with the EEPROM and RAM as surface mount. Would be useful to know if he swapped pins around on the CPLD between the designs, or if they all use the same CPLD pinout.

• Like 4

Yep the same would got for the CF7+. I have two both the have the 32k and He sent me a CPLD that would work with the 32k not installed, but installed it wouldn't work. The other I don't know if it still works or not, think the CF card was messed up, by one of my grandchildren.

Perhaps the RS232 CRU selection "issue" can be resolved if the hardware code & schematics are released. That would allow more unpatched 9902-serial programs to run unpatched.

I found a few files I had forgotten about when @Shift838 and I reached out to Custodio. 

- Updates to MidiMaster for the Nano - version 2.3 and 2.5Z.  

- Funnelweb 4.40 patched UTIL, FW, and LOAD programs to account for the extra 8 bytes of VDP RAM the CF7/nano use.  As far as I can tell, this is the last image I released in 2011, after discovering the XB loader needed to be revised.   I included a text file that contains text from the list server post and some information about DSKU.

- Telco patch for the terminal emulator portion.  Someone had reached out to Charles Earl for the source but as far as I know, we are still waiting.

If I come across any related files or source, I'll post them in this topic.

MIDIMaster99-v25Z-standard-NANO AND UBERGROM.dsk MIDIMASTER V23 NANO.dsk Funnelweb40pat-nanopeb problem.dsk TELCN for nano.zip !CF7 Compact Flash FWEB DSKU fix and ideas.txt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 9:20 AM, Shift838 said:

All,

Enjoy!

Just found this tonight!  I've been commenting-up a file I made with DiskAssembler off-and-on for a while, just to see how the thing works.  I've had to rely on the similarity to Thierry Nouspikel's commented TI code to figure out some things.  Be fascinating to compare.

K-R.

• Like 1