IGNORED

Help Please DISASTER!!!

Somebody Please help.

I'm an idiot, i just tried installing a newer version demo of HDDriver on my system and

Damn i'm so stupid.

I removed the old and forgot to install the new.

Now i can't boot up. I just get 4 bombs

How can i boot from a floppy?

Is there any way i can see my C drive again?

WHAT HAVE I DONE???? ARRRGGHHH!!!!!

Should add, its a Falcon with ct60

Okay, relax, what you can do is use a floppy disk and instal ADHI onto it (make certain you use the same rev level as I've heard horror stories on how different rev levels can destroy peoples data) and once you've installed it onto your floppy (just adds a few things into an AUTO folder) you reboot from the floppy and it'll load ADHI and you'll see what ASCI devices are connected. Then just rerun the AHX.PRG installer again and install your files onto the HD itself and it will become bootable again.

Curt

Owl,

Sorry for the delay, you should've emailed me directly... BTW pressing the space bar aborts the hd spin-up delay and will read the disk drive and go to the ASCI/SCSI bus' for boot drives.... Once it see's you don't have a capable HD available it'll try the floppy again, then pause for approx 30 secs and go to the desktop from the TOS roms.

You can then format a diskette from there. The Falcon will read 1.44 DOS formatted diskettes so you can always format a disk on a PC, then go to the unich.edu FTP site and go into the atari archives and under ST and I think UTILS you'll find hard disk utils and you'll find ADHI 6.06 up there which is a good HD setup util, though 7 is far better, I think Best sells new copies of it on their site.

You should also look into MetaDOS and/or ExtenDOS and you can hook up a CDROM to your Falcon and there are a lot of PD CD-ROM's available with a plethora of great goodies!

Curt

Hi Curt

Many MANY thanks for the response and help.

Everything is fine now.

My CT60 is working just about perfectly.

I'm using MetaDOS to drive my CD drive at the moment :))

Quick question though.

CDR any recommendation on some CD writing software? I have a SCSI Yamaha 8x4x24 that my employers didn't need anymore.

Cheers