IGNORED

Rack mounted Servers with 200 GB SAS SSDs for Running Atari BBS's on Windows server 2003, or Windows server 2012

rcamp48

Hi there : I may have a source in Montreal Quebec that sells 200 GB SAS server drives for $30 Canadian each, how many of you would be interested in obtaining some of these SSDs for running a BBS on a rack server. Rack servers through the mail is not feasible but the 2.5 inch SSDs that are SAS server drives are. If anyone is interested, I can give you the guys internet address and you can deal with him directly. 

I have already installed Wildcat 6.4 on a Windows 2003 Web server, it works perfectly with the security on 2003, but I want to go higher and a better server with SSDs , it is feasable ,  but right now I am running two 15000 RPM SAS magnetic drives, they make too much racket for anyone to enjoy running a BBS on, I and my roommate put up with the noise, the only thing that my server is getting is Telnet at spynet.ddns.net port 27. I will be firing it up and having it run while I head for Cambridge , Ontario this morning for church. My regular BBS is run from my Master Tower at spynet.ddns.net port 28.

Anyways if anyone is interested in this fire me off an email OK? Russ.

anything related to atari running on “wildcat” platform of any type is just dreadful.. what an absolutely terribly bbs software that was.. i used to cringe when i would logon and see it, quick bbs, the oriignal fido bbs, rbbs, or any unmodded pcboard… bleh.. 

Even version 8.4 Atarifreak? I have been running it for over 10 years , it uploads and downloads OK, am I better off to switch to Synchronet the new version ???? Its possible , the only reason I used Wildcat is I am used to it and paid for it.

Russ