IGNORED

New Product: Atari 2600 MJP (Master Joystick Protector)

This is an early draft but it's 90% there..  much like the MCP (Master Console Protector) this helps become ab buffer between the wear of constant plugging and unplugging of joysticks in your 2600.  Additionally it brings the ports to the front of your system making it easier to plug and unplug joysticks.  The price will be $29.99 shipping included in the US.  International is possible, I just have to know the address to give an adjusted shipping price.  There will be material under the unit to provide grip on smooth surfaces.  I have tested it on my two 2600s.  one is a light sixer and the darth vader versions which appear to be identical in footprint.  I'm not sure about the others, but adjustments can be made as I find out what folks needs are.

This of course could work with any number of systems besides the 2600, but I'm looking to possibly make these custom for each system to offer the best possible low profile fit for a given system.  Though I think part of it is where it makes the most sense.  Some systems have their joystick ports already on the front, but still folks may like to have that protective buffer.

Edited by 8bitwidgets.com
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

AtariVox would be weird dangling out the front of my system. 

i actually just got one of those and i do see an issue with the extension cable.. the metal sleeve around the atarivox is too wide for the extension cord..  However I can include a splitter with it optionally that would allow the atarivox to stay plugged in this way.  It's the meta sleeve around the atari vox that makes it too wide.  If that were removed that would solve that also, but I don't find that to be an acceptable solution.  

image.thumb.jpeg.bea55bb350e78fa4cbc60c3cc7856404.jpeg

• Like 1

@-Joe- ok i'll put you on the list.

Alternatively I'm also looking to offer a docking station with a built in power supply and power on indicator as well.  My partner is working on an NES project with me but once he's got that wrapped up we'll be exploring the docking station deeper to give it some nice additional features to make it even more useful.  

Thanks!

Caleb

• Like 2