IGNORED

MDOS Version 7.45 Release

Here are two hard disk images with the GeneveOS 7.45 distribution for use with MAME and TIImageTool, one as a SCSI disk, the other as a MFM disk (HFDC).

Not included are the PDF files and the EPROM binaries.

(Retracted, possibly having errors)

• Sad 2

@9640News  the latest LOAD-SCS needs to be updated.  The loader address has not been patched from >2000 to >A000.  It appears that the IDE and SCSI versions in the 7.45 ZIP have the same issue.  The TIPI and MFM loaders are OK.

On 4/21/2024 at 5:21 PM, 9640News said:

Source code for MDOS has been updated on BeeryMiller/MDOS: MDOS Operating System for Geneve 9640 (github.com)

Are the current loader sources posted in a repository?   I wrote a patch program for the build process that will take care of the need to manually edit the start address.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 10:21 AM, 9640News said:

Source code for MDOS has been updated on BeeryMiller/MDOS: MDOS Operating System for Geneve 9640 (github.com)

Noob question here: is there an easy way to copy the source tree to a HD image? I have tried with the excellent TIImageTool but with the absence of TIFILES headers it's rather slow and error-prone ;-)

It may sound a bit convoluted, but as stated in the README, copy these files into a TIPI drive. You will then be able to use some file manager inside the emulation to copy them to the HD.

If you don't have a TIPI: If you have a spare Raspberry Pi, you can easily set up a TIPI with websocket access that can be used in MAME.

• Like 2

tl;dr version:

Telnet to the tipi, go to the directory you want the files in, should also have the create ti file headers turned on(?) option on the tipi, in that directory, do a git clone of the public repo. Move the source to a drive that is not the tipi. Compile. - tipi's doesn't allow for the creation of large program images like system-sys.

as @mizapf said, all this can be done from a pc running mame.

Also, no receipts, but I have the sense, your best bet is to copy large things like the mdos source tree with either gdm2k or clint's disk manager (make sure you have the one @InsaneMultitasker updated).

Good luck pilot!

1 hour ago, JJB said:

Noob question here: is there an easy way to copy the source tree to a HD image? I have tried with the excellent TIImageTool but with the absence of TIFILES headers it's rather slow and error-prone ;-)

I am assuming you do not have a Raspberry PI and/or TIPI?

If you have a TIPI, you can setup a native file folder and copy the files to it.  Then, when you catalog those files, they will appear as DIS/VAR 80 files.

TIDIR has a feature to convert PC files to TIFILES.  They should convert very easily over to with it.

If you have an issue, give me a shout early Saturday and I will copy the files over as DIS/VAR 80 files and upload a zip with TIFILES headers for all the files.

Beery

• Like 1

You can actually import text files into images in TIImageTool, but you will always be asked whether you intend to import this as a text file. This may be a bit tedious for larger sets of files.

BTW, I just found a bug with that function; the imported file does not show up, and when you press F5, it does, but the file system has not been correctly updated. I need to fix that.

Edit: Just fixed the import bug; you'll still be asked for the desired import format, though. I'll see how to enhance that for a later version.

tiimagetool302.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Firefox is marking everything I download from this site as having a virus... even before it downloads.  WTF...??!

It doesn't like how the URL changes to the cloud cdn and the fact it's zip file. I find it also depends on how the zip was compressed, some are more virus trigger happy than others, like ones made with WinRAR.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

That is usually a "reputation exception" (i.e., few previous downloads of the files). EDGE is less sensitive than most and will usually download the file without any problem.

I also believe Firefox now caches the URL domain for a download that been triggered and afterwards it just automatically says nope. Same domain instant don't allow even if a different file. If you have your Firefox clear cache and all cookies on exit it helps.

Some days ago I was suddenly unable to connect to this forum. Whenever I opened the URL, I was redirected to an empty page in the admin subtree, if I remember correctly.

I had to clear the browser cache to make it work again (and to re-login in every site I visited). This is somewhat disturbing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Some days ago I was suddenly unable to connect to this forum. Whenever I opened the URL, I was redirected to an empty page in the admin subtree, if I remember correctly.

I had to clear the browser cache to make it work again (and to re-login in every site I visited). This is somewhat disturbing.

Chrome or Firefox?  I know someone else who had that problem in Chrome, but I did not have the problem in Firefox.