IGNORED

Well....now what?....Odyssey 2 Prototyes

I had been on the outlook for "The Voice" module recently and found a listing  locally, so just went for the whole lot. In the included cartridges are the three in the picture, "Attack of the Timelord!" prototype, "Freedom Fighters" Advance copy/prototype  and   "Killer Bees" prototype. The labels on  the "Killer Bees" cartridge  and the  "Attack of the Timelords" cartridge  have the word  "Prototype" as part of the printed label, ie not a stamp. I am in east Tennessee where Magnavox was headquartered in the 1980's (Knoxville and Greenville). The box is little rough, but a nice complete, I think, "The Quest for the Rings" game. Anyway, kinda neat.....Oh yeah, the guy I bought them from said a friend of his found it all in a storage unit.

IMG_6317.thumb.jpeg.bd53f3b6813e37aed16a7ea85aff6342.jpegIMG_6320.thumb.jpeg.94f1190b6d235535df2e44486a90254d.jpegI

Edited by WicoKid
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, WicoKid said:

I had been on the outlook for "The Voice" module recently and found a listing  locally, so just went for the whole lot. In the included cartridges are the three in the picture, "Attack of the Timelord!" prototype, "Freedom Fighters" Advance copy/prototype  and   "Killer Bees" prototype. The labels on  the "Killer Bees" cartridge  and the  "Attack of the Timelords" cartridge  have the word  "Prototype" as part of the printed label, ie not a stamp. I am in east Tennessee where Magnavox was headquartered in the 1980's (Knoxville and Greenville). The box is little rough, but a nice complete, I think, "The Quest for the Rings" game. Anyway, kinda neat.....Oh yeah, the guy I bought them from said a friend of his found it all in a storage unit.

IMG_6317.thumb.jpeg.bd53f3b6813e37aed16a7ea85aff6342.jpegIMG_6320.thumb.jpeg.94f1190b6d235535df2e44486a90254d.jpegI

That's a great find! BTW, I couldn't help but notice that the joysticks look a little odd for the O2 (NOT the 4000 unit). They look kind of like the O3 controller from what little I can see of them behind the O2 voice module. Do you have a better picture of the joysticks? This person didn't happen to have a unit for sale called the Odyssey 3 Command Center? O3's look like this:

o3.jpg

Posted (edited)

Sure..I thought it was just an early model...maybe they just used available components. I had been kind of wondering about the stickers and serial numbers though.  No other systems were mentioned.

IMG_6324.jpeg

IMG_6323.jpeg

Edited by WicoKid
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 11:32 AM, WicoKid said:

Sure..I thought it was just an early model...maybe they just used available components. I had been kind of wondering about the stickers and serial numbers though.  No other systems were mentioned.

IMG_6324.jpeg

IMG_6323.jpeg

That's Cool! Yes those are O3 controllers. I think you might be right about them just using what ever they had. You have a very odd beast on your hands. Most likely quite collectable too.

It behaves like an Odyssey 2....no different startup screens or graphic changes. After removing the bottom, it appears similar to the other Odyssey 2...with that said, it is adequately shielded. Eventually will recap and maybe a composite mod but  since the keyboard ribbon cable lamination is already separated, didn't want to start mutiple disassembles but will post when I do. 

• Like 1