IGNORED

Harmony Cartridge Vs Harmony Encore

Taslim

Is the Harmony Encore the same as the Harmony Cartridge but with support for larger games ? Does it have that ARM Processor in it like the Harmony Cartridge that supports advance features like enhanced music? Why would one want to buy the Harmony Cartridge over the Harmony Encore when the price difference is only 20 bucks? Isn't the Harmony Encore more future proof than the Harmony Cartridge ?

Thanks

Basically, Harmony Encore is an expanded version of the original Harmony Cart that can support larger games.

Many moons ago, I bought a Harmony Cart versus the Harmony Encore Cart to save the $20.  And so far, it's worked out nicely as there are very few projects that need the Encore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, splendidnut said:

Basically, Harmony Encore is an expanded version of the original Harmony Cart that can support larger games.

Many moons ago, I bought a Harmony Cart versus the Harmony Encore Cart to save the $20.  And so far, it's worked out nicely as there are very few projects that need the Encore.

Well since it's on sale right now the Encore is only 55 bucks (54.99) plus 4.99 shipping is $60 (59.98) so I figured I might as well get the more advanced one so lateron I won't be kicking my self and saying "why didn't I just pay the extra 20 bucks for the more advance one" if a new game comes out that is more that 32k. Also the firmware update process is easier, just copy the update file to the root of your SD Memory Card and inset it into the Harmony Encore cart and then the Atari and power it on, no more need to use the USB Cable.