IGNORED

Looking for 1 ft double DB9 extension for computer module.

I can't seem to find any off-the-shelf DB9 extension cords that fit inside the computer module of the Intellivision 2.  You can supposedly fit 2 INTV2 control plugs, but I don't have those.  Plus I don't want to have to reach in there and unplug the computer to plug in the two controls and vice versa.  I understand all it has to do is physically fit and be a pair of straight DB9 male-female.

Where could one find a short db9 extension cord pair that goes in there just so you have easy access to switching out and in the ports.  

The main reason why I ask is because I have flashback controllers and 2 appropriate INTVFB control-> INTV2 machine adapters and those doesn't easily work with the computer component.  

It's been a while, but I swear I've used db9 extensions from the Sega Genesis era - these have nice thin plugs that fit into the ECS ports easily. Most PC/serial extension cables have a plug that just won't fit.

Side note: One thing I tried years ago, that does NOT work - back in the ancient days of serial terminals, you could get these fantastic db-9 Y-cables, basically a splitter that allowed 2 things to be plugged into a single port. I tried using these on my ECS - I thought it would be cool to leave the keyboard and controllers plugged in, and just use whatever I liked without having to unplug and replug. I never did much work to find out why, but it just didn't work properly. Certain buttons and keys didn't work in this configuration. It's possible that there's just not enough voltage/current/electromagickism to support both controllers plugged in simultaneously, but I'm no expert and never pursued it further.

See if you can find some Sega Genesis extension cables. Those should have all 9 pins electrically connected. Some Atari-era extensions may not, because the Atari controller only used 5 pins. You can usually find a pair for $10 or so on Ebay. They're usually pretty long which is the only downside. I've never seen 1ft extensions like this.

There is a dual DB9 port that is a very tight fit.

You have to go down and "do a side mount".

The keyboard has a hard 90 degree mount that a "straight cable" would not mount to easily.  And there is not enough width to insert a straight cable.

This is a low priority thing, because I heard the Keyboard ports  were used for keyboard uses, and for players 3 and 4 with an INTV2 Controller.

I heard there was one 4 player simultaneous game, and that was one of the white label baseball games.

I have a third Flashback controller. Correct me if I'm wrong, so I can better decide whether I'll be in the market of buying one INTV2 or INTVFB controller, or in the market of selling an INTVFB controller.

I read recently that someone is eager to buy/trade for my spare INTVFB  controller.

1 hour ago, tripletopper said:

I heard there was one 4 player simultaneous game, and that was one of the white label baseball games.

The only original 125 game that supported 4 players is "World Cup Soccer" by Nice Ideas.  This feature was not listed on the box or instructions.

I think a tiny handful of homebrews also support 4 players but I forget which ones.