IGNORED

F18A Karts demo

21 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Gonna force me to update Classic99 at this rate ;)

I do have a rather long list of demos covering most aspects of the F18A that you could use for testing.

If I wanted to provide support for the V9938/58 in JS99er, which I have often considered, the lack of demos would be my concern.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asmusr said:

I do have a rather long list of demos covering most aspects of the F18A that you could use for testing.

If I wanted to provide support for the V9938/58 in JS99er, which I have often considered, the lack of demos would be my concern.

I wrote one graphics demo for v9938 that goes through some of the built in commands they 38/58 offers for drawing boxes, lines, scrolling the screen, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Yeah, I used to have a mandlebrot generator which was the only test app I had for the 9938 when Classic99 used to support it.

But I don't really want to support it going forward.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

I wrote one graphics demo for v9938 that goes through some of the built in commands they 38/58 offers for drawing boxes, lines, scrolling the screen, etc.

These demos make me swear I must have talked to you in Ottawa. I attended some kind of TI meet between 91 and 94, where I saw these demos running and briefly talked to someone about how the 9938 had hardware support for drawing the lines. I also /almost/ bought a dead Geneve but it was trading the ability to buy food for tech I might not be able to fix, and I eventually passed. A friend bought it and apparently detected a simple fault they fixed while still at the show. (Somehow. I kind of doubt that story these days ;) ).

I really wanted a TIM back then. The only one I knew who had one was Lucie Dorais, and I reallllly wanted her machine. ;)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tursi said:

These demos make me swear I must have talked to you in Ottawa. I attended some kind of TI meet between 91 and 94, where I saw these demos running and briefly talked to someone about how the 9938 had hardware support for drawing the lines. I also /almost/ bought a dead Geneve but it was trading the ability to buy food for tech I might not be able to fix, and I eventually passed. A friend bought it and apparently detected a simple fault they fixed while still at the show. (Somehow. I kind of doubt that story these days ;) ).

I really wanted a TIM back then. The only one I knew who had one was Lucie Dorais, and I reallllly wanted her machine. ;)

Could be I attended the Ottawa fairs and user group meetings on regular basis even tho I was in Toronto they had a stronger group and would organize fairs. The 9t9 one in Toronto never did got some reason. If you have any photos from back then would love to look through them. Out of all the fairs and shows I attended there not much photographic wise of me, many others but I only see two photos of me taken from shows, wish I could find more as I have no personal photographics at all before 2008.

22 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Could be I attended the Ottawa fairs and user group meetings on regular basis even tho I was in Toronto they had a stronger group and would organize fairs. The 9t9 one in Toronto never did got some reason. If you have any photos from back then would love to look through them. Out of all the fairs and shows I attended there not much photographic wise of me, many others but I only see two photos of me taken from shows, wish I could find more as I have no personal photographics at all before 2008.

Nah, I've got no pictures. I am not sure why not... maybe I didn't think to take the camera with me. Maybe I didn't have film that week.

It must have been in the earlier half of that, though, cause I only remember one ever happening, and I was with the OTIUG till the end.