IGNORED

MAME Geneve - creating MFM HD images

JJB

I am a Myarc noob so this has probably been done before but I couldn't find any info on creating your own HD (MFM) images. I had a crack at it and made a quick guide along the way (see attached). 

It uses the CHDMAN MAME tool (attached) and you will need an existing HD image to start with. The latter can be found on whtech or see the latest MDOS release.

Again, there may be much better info out there; let me know and I'll update this post.

Myarc Geneve 9640 - MAME MFM HD images.pdf chdman.zip

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hloberg said:

here is a complete 3 .hd setup for the geneve with all software MDOS & everything.

https://ti99resources.wordpress.com/emulation/

goto MAME packages then Geneve.

Thanks! I started my emulation journey there and it's the reason I wanted to create my own images: sorting stuff differently, creating a clean boot HD with the latest MDOS version etc.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JJB said:

Thanks! I started my emulation journey there and it's the reason I wanted to create my own images: sorting stuff differently, creating a clean boot HD with the latest MDOS version etc.

cool. note thou, I had some file weirdness happen with the Geneve if I used .HD sizes more than twice the size I'm using with my .hds.

also after you create the new .HDs using TIImageTool it's easy copying files from my .HDs to yours using TIMT or from any .DSK or TIFILES.

oh and I just uploaded a new set of .HDs with the latest MDOS files.

• Like 2

One thing to be careful if you mix Geneve and 4A images. MDOS creates subdirectories according to the specs in the HFDC manual. The 4A does not with MDM5 or when using MDM5 in Rompage mode on the Geneve. 

With the Geneve, either use the MD or MKDIR command or a MDOS program such as Clint’s DM or Fred’s GDM2K. Otherwise, any directory created with MDM5 can not be deleted with the RD RMDIr command on the Geneve. MDM5 has a bug where it leaves out a recursive sector vector in the directory FDR.

beery

• Like 5