IGNORED

What if you only played atari games on the nes and nintendo games on the atari 7800???

Posted (edited)

While many to most peoples did go buying a nes back in 1985, but am wondering who did only played nintendo games on the atari 7800 and played only atari games on the nes, because that would be something interesting, just imagine you (and/or your friend) bought an atari 7800 with only nintendo games on it while your friend did had a nes with only atari games on it, or what if you and/or your friend bought both systems with those opposite brand names games on those systems, then you or your friend may say ‘i don’t know mario or donkeykong on nintendo and i don’t millipe,centipede etc,,, on the atari 7800’ , it would be personally interesting becausez that would be something interesting,unique and something very different because that person may would say  ‘am more familiar with mario & donkeykong on atari rather then on nintendo’ or that person may say ‘i am more familiar with centipede or millipede on nintendo rather then on atari’

not mentioning all those nintendo games that came on many atari systems among other ones before nintendo had their own cartride based system,

and for those new generation people who didn’t know ‘nintendo signed an agreement with both atari ,coleco and parker brothers  to bring their games on other systems, this all happened before those licensing deals between those companies did eventually expire and nintendo eventually became restrictive about their ip’s to become only exclusive on their systems,

so every new generation people who will think about mario if they say nintendo or will think about atari if they say millipede or paperboy etc,,, well then let them think again and dig into the past and met people who may did only experience nintendo games on atari systems and atari games only on nintendo systems, they may be surprised about it and 

so was i once i discovered this as well😁

by the way, am very surprised that certain ports of nintendo games were in some cases even better on certain atari systems then on the nintendo nes itself😁🤣

18FA8FA1-85AB-4374-8C48-07CFFEF37D70.png

34C90DF2-F15C-4729-983B-16BD2DC37C1B.png

E95FE9EA-E8F7-4947-9440-3AF3A281C1EF.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now for everybody who might get confused and wondering, well my main focus is on who only played nintendo games on the atari 7800 but only played atari games on the nes, since both systems were thirth gen systems, and so it would be really interesting to see if some people did only remember mario or donkeykong etc,,, on atari but not nintendo while playing millipede and centipede etc,,, on nintendo because that would be interesting, eventrough the nes did sold a whopping 61 million units while the atari 7800 only did sold 3 million units (1/20 of what the nes) but still,,,

eventrough am gonna assume that there will be only a very very few people who do remember mario etc,, on atari and millipede etc,, on nintendo but it would be cool to hear stories about it from those peoples so why not.

• Thanks 1

Back in 1989, growing up in South Unpronouncistan, everything Nintendo-related was outright banned. I believe it was because the company name sounded too similar to our pagan god Nuintendall and the regime did not allow other gods to be worshiped. Atari however was supported. So to circumvent the ban, people would smuggle Nintendo's Atari 7800 games into the country by slapping the Nuintendall seal of approval, the logo of a one-handed clap, to the boxes. For a few years that arrangement worked fine but then a shipment of games was accidentally delivered to the regime headquarters in preparation for the festival of nuts. Long story short, Nuintendall got pretty angry, South Unpronouncistan was wiped off the map and all the people were forced to relocate. I did like Donkey Kong though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quote:  because that would be something interesting, just imagine you (and/or your friend) bought an atari 7800 with only nintendo games on it while your friend did had a nes with only atari games on it, or what if you and/or your friend bought both systems with those opposite brand names games on those systems, then you or your friend may say ‘i don’t know mario or donkeykong on nintendo and i don’t millipe,centipede etc,,, on the atari 7800’ /Quote

Pretty  sure this is the plot of a Tom Hanks / Michael Keaton movie, in which they have to overcome their differences in order to win back the trust and respect of their son (Kirk Cameron).