IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 17 ~ Paddle Week 1

Big improvement for Bumper Bash 1 ball Challenge.

@Vocelli was right! I found a way to hit the E of ACE very often (and rest of it of course). So I managed to activate the "kickback" which helps alot! And finally hit the multiplier for more than 5x and the screen goes crazy blinking. What a ride:

Bumper bash: 434505

IMG_20240510_202811_623.jpg

• Like 4

I was a bit addicted to Kaboom tonight when I finally picked it up. The “just one more game” nature of it is quite dangerous. When you get in the groove, it’s a lot of fun. Tough as nails tho. 

Kaboom! - 1,773

IMG_1540.thumb.jpeg.8f7873e6fad7bddaffb41b3af04d66c7.jpeg

interesting use of the paddles in Bumper Bash…don’t use em, lol. Reminds me of playing Wii how you have a controller in each hand. Not bad, tho video pinball always makes me feel like luck plays such a big role. 

Bumper Bash (1 ball challenge) - 29,490

IMG_1542.thumb.jpeg.06acdb4f2fa8b5a65f8a6e5202408e08.jpeg 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Not bad, tho video pinball always makes me feel like luck plays such a big role. 

I agree. I can see that there is some skill involved, but I’ve never been able to get the hang of it so my score always seems fairly random.

IMG_7451.jpeg

• Like 1

Haven't tried paddles in the LegendsFB (I doubt they work), and I need to unbox my AFBX, which is hidden in a sea of unlabeled boxes (I have heard the AFBX doesn't do good paddle emulation anyway). 
I suppose I need to actually hook up my real system for Paddle Weeks. I have copies of Kaboom, GI Joe, and Steeplechase.
Until then, here are some crappy emulation scores.

Kaboom!(1981)(Activision)(PAL).png.048918d37db78c7540c273816036434d.pngBumperBash_42260.png.d37195f41199fe3f16e19dcd6069ed15.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bumper Bash: 161570

I sometimes think that as soon as you manage to complete the A-C-E targets, the game is going to find a way to send the ball SDTM - sort of like real pinball once you finally get the machine into a favorable state :P

I ended up really enjoying this one.  I especially like how they used the two paddle buttons for the flippers unlike other pinball games for the 2600 where they try to work with the limitations of a one-button joystick.  I wish there were a way to nudge the table, although I have no idea how this could have been implemented.  There are several times where you're helplessly waiting for the ball to bounce around and find its way down an outlane when a simple nudge would keep the game going (provided you don't tilt).

If you clear the upper bank of drop targets 3x, the rollover targets start adding to the bonus.  These rollovers get hit frequently and will rack up the score, especially if you've run the multiplier up to 5x.  This is the only game where I managed to do this.  I never got the A-C-E twice to earn the extra ball, but came close on this game - if it weren't for that stupid "E".

image.thumb.png.1e0243ae1c19a3ed6f115c6eb03fad12.png

• Like 5