IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 17 ~ Paddle Week 1

Posted (edited)

My hi-score when I was 17 years old was around 24,000. I'm nearly 60, so I may have lost a step. The scores are 3960 and 31196 if you can't read them.

Kaboom-3960-1bb.jpg

BumperBash-31196-1aa-OneBall.jpg

Edited by Zoyx
  • Like 3

Bumper Bash (A/A) [1ball] - 42,260 

Screenshot to follow when I hook up my AFB7, but figured i should post the score now to give challengers the maximum time to try to beat it. Cannot really play Paddle games (well) via Stella (and mouse), so Kaboom will have to wait.

• Like 2

Improvements for both games on day 2.

I really like retro pinball games. I still remember playing midnight magic for hours (here in hsc, some time ago). 

Bumper Bash (1 A/A, 1 ball): 41585

Kaboom! (1 B/B): 1691

Haven't really played this game before (although I know its quite famous). My paddle has a bit of jittering, but I'm starting to get the groove of the game. Fun!

IMG_20240507_205254_355.jpg

IMG_20240507_212519_712.jpg

• Like 4

Vocelli:

Kaboom!: 12717

Love this game!

Bumper Bash: 15220

It is important to spell A.C.E. I believe spelling ACE the first time puts up blockers on the side drains. Spelling it again gives you an extra ball.

Kaboom 12717.jpg

Bumper Bash 15220.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vocelli said:

It is important to spell A.C.E. I believe spelling ACE the first time puts up blockers on the side drains. Spelling it again gives you an extra ball.

I find it quite difficult to activate the A.C.E. bonus reliably. How often do you even manage to trigger it twice?? 🤪

I regularly achieve good scores by activating the 3 multiplier pads (in the bottom left corner). From x3 points onwards, the number of points goes up significantly. In between, you may have even activated other bonuses here and there...

new score

Bumper Bash (1 A/A, 1 ball): 91,755

IMG_20240508_174349_194.jpg

• Like 4

Improvement for kaboom!

After getting really frustrated about not reaching 2k, I changed (for the first time in hsc) my approach to the game. New room, different TV, new playing position. And voilà:

4872 points 

@Vocelli i'm in the kaboom list twice, please delete my 800 score and update the 1600 to 4872. Thx!

IMG_20240509_142852_578.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a question about bumper bash and the difficulty switch settings, as I have been experimenting and cannot tell the difference in gameplay or scoring no matter how they are set.  Decided to take a look at the manual and turns out it says nothing about game variations based on the switches or any effect.  So I started googling and came across the records page for the game on Twin Galaxies.  It says "Difficulty switches have no effect in this title and can therefore be left in either position."  So now I am wondering if my earlier game that I posted about (post shows five balls remaining due to bonus ball - I have another pic with score after that ball used), that I thought was a result of switches in the wrong position, should be submitted.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

I have a question about bumper bash and the difficulty switch settings, as I have been experimenting and cannot tell the difference in gameplay or scoring no matter how they are set.  Decided to take a look at the manual and turns out it says nothing about game variations based on the switches or any effect.  So I started googling and came across the records page for the game on Twin Galaxies.  It says "Difficulty switches have no effect in this title and can therefore be left in either position."  So now I am wondering if my earlier game that I posted about (post shows five balls remaining due to bonus ball - I have another pic with score after that ball used), that I thought was a result of switches in the wrong position, should be submitted.  

I just did the same search and you are correct!

They do not make a difference.

I am not sure why I put the settings as A/A when I set up Season 15 back in December. The only thing I could think of is that I had a different paddle bonus game in place before I changed it.

So... all scores count. Flip those flippers on any setting!

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vocelli said:

I just did the same search and you are correct!

They do not make a difference.

I am not sure why I put the settings as A/A when I set up Season 15 back in December. The only thing I could think of is that I had a different paddle bonus game in place before I changed it.

So... all scores count. Flip those flippers on any setting!

Sorry for the confusion.

cool, I will dig up that early score -- although in retrospect it is a little pathetic that my best performance was one of my very first attempts and, apparently, all the "skills" I have developed since are straight up trash.  💔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, Absalon said:

I find it quite difficult to activate the A.C.E. bonus reliably. How often do you even manage to trigger it twice?? 🤪

I regularly achieve good scores by activating the 3 multiplier pads (in the bottom left corner). From x3 points onwards, the number of points goes up significantly. In between, you may have even activated other bonuses here and there...

I've noticed the same thing. I'm finding that the "E" is near impossible to get unless you plunge the ball just right and get lucky.  I think getting A-C-E twice consistently may only be practical if you're playing more than one ball.

I'm also finding that there is little point in trying to aim for anything with the flippers.  Sometimes the tip of the flipper hits the spinner.  Other times, it hits one of the banks of targets.  There is little to no consistency, even when trapping the ball.  I've found it's usually best to just flip as soon as the ball comes into contact with the flipper.

• Like 4