IGNORED

Fury 2024 Release

1 hour ago, bent_pin said:

@42bs @LordKraken

What do you think contributes to the zeitgeist more than art, music, games, and literature. Posting and then removing any of these influences how current and future generations view the spirit of this time. 

I stand by my usage.

Ohhh ok now I understand what you meant. I wouldn't go as far as saying that his shooter (which was showing promises) would have any influence on anyone nor anything. The behaviour that @42bs highlight on the contrary is a good illustration of the zeitgeist of the last 10 years or so though.

10 hours ago, 42bs said:

But being easily offended and then acting like he did and removing things is (so sad it is) also part of the zeitgeist (IMHO).

9 hours ago, LordKraken said:

Ohhh ok now I understand what you meant. I wouldn't go as far as saying that his shooter (which was showing promises) would have any influence on anyone nor anything. The behaviour that @42bs highlight on the contrary is a good illustration of the zeitgeist of the last 10 years or so though.

I'll buy that for a dollar. However, it's hard to tell the impact of any game. I remember the creator of minecraft being really excited about making the first 5 sales, then the first 50, then it blew up.

Thank, both for circling back.

3 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

The final version is posted on the Atari Lynx Fans Facebook age, it's linked in the ZPH thread of the Atari lynx games released in 2024.

Also out of reach, no facebook ever again. Thank you, though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

Also out of reach, no facebook ever again. Thank you, though.

I don't use it too, I have an old account I use to read news about the Lynx or on other coding topics, but never posted personal infos on it.

BTW Martin says on Facebook that the rom of the game can be spread, so here it is:

Fury_v.final.lnx

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to Fury (Phoenix Edition) 06/06/24.

Thankyou to the tester credited in the pause screen for encouraging source recovery.
After learning about some more Suzy optimisations, it became tempting to try!

Optimised sprite data and linked some sprites for Suzy chip,
Various performance and memory optimisations,
Improved collision detection accuracy, Five lives in all games,
Implemented Bug AI for all regular aliens from wave four onwards.

Fury.lnx

• Like 2

I'm happy you recovered the soucre code and improved it.

Don't know if you want to continue to work on this project, but if you get inspired I think that some background elements could be nice.

Also when the game is over, pressing a button the game should return on the main menu. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nop90 said:

I'm happy you recovered the soucre code and improved it.

Don't know if you want to continue to work on this project, but if you get inspired I think that some background elements could be nice.

Also when the game is over, pressing a button the game should return on the main menu. 

Hmm... Pressing the button restarts the game here... after a couple of seconds on the end screen.

Now it's back to the same problem of not being easy to move on from it and begin something else.

Edited by Brek Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately anyone starting out on this platform will naturally likely make the same mistake made here. Some notes:

* Not how to use Suzy! but I've noticed everyone will naturally screw up their first effort, and then learn later. I even saw it of karri.

* Public Domain! I no longer control it, but at the same time you don't have my approval to release any reworked versions.

That would be creatively empty, and this is 100% original right down to the text functions.

* There is a version dated 08/06/24. This isn't the last version of source, just the source of the current released binary.

* I believe this IS how to use C to gain performance from a Lynx, talking into consideration, mostly unchained sprites.

* The end of the log tells the story of source code deletion and recovery. I'm glad now, for the last step of "Bug AI".

Fury.c

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, karri said:

Fury.c has lots of tables.

I saw a post of yours from I think 2017 that has the words "Why didn't you guys tell me?".

and that's the title of one of the update logs!

The more interesting aliens combine the horizontal movement of one table, and vertical movement of another.

image2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Fury on today's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games: