IGNORED

Vectrex Won't Power On After Storage

Silverfleet

I've been renovating my house for the last year, and all my stuff has been in storage during that time, including my game collection. Last weekend, I got the go-ahead to start setting up my game room again, and one of the first things I unpacked was my Vectrex. I was SUPER careful packing it, wrapping it in bubble wrap and all that, knowing how fragile they are. When I pulled it out of its box, I figured I'd get in a quick game of Mine Storm to take a break. 

And... nothing. 

Power switch doesn't seem to do anything at all. No humming while plugged in, no monitor signal or dreaded white dot; just nothing. 

I've read somewhere that the power switch pots go on these all the time, but it seems odd that this would be the issue, since it's just been sitting idle for a year. It did work before I put it in storage, too. 

Once I get my work bench set up, I was planning on pulling the back off and seeing if something went wrong. Where should I start with the diagnosis? 

• Sad 1

Damn, sorry to hear that. Same boat, house reno past year but we're still not back in yet. I put my 3 Vectrex consoles in storage along with the rest of my collection.