IGNORED

DRT not coming on

After a forced break due to health (2 strokes) I'm trying to get going with my Atari 800 again but my memory isn't want it once was.

So..800 with a P:R: Connection, using Express 850, won't command a modem, I tried 3 dif modems known to work on a PC, but  look like the DRT line is not coming on

so no dialing ect.  bad PR or cable is all that I can think of or just doing or forgetting to do something?

modems tried:

Zoom 2400 v.42

SuperFaxModem 14.4

USER 56K

30 minutes ago, Dopeyman06 said:

Have you tried a different program? Maybe Express 850 doesn't work with the P:R:, hence the name. 

no, I'm just getting back at it and can't recall the names of other terminal.. I had 2 stokes 6 months ago, so I'm a tad slower hen I use to be.

Make sure you are using an Atari Cable and not a PC cable

make sure you load the 850 driver no matter the terminal program, a long beeeeep indicate the term program loaded the driver itself already from the 850

The PR connection uses a different driver located on the T:Scope disk etc.

Bobterm 1.23 is for emulators not real hardware. Please use 1.21 or one of the 1.22 versions as there are 2 1.22's

1.21 is the best for initial testing.

That's about all there is to it. You can describe what you see and here or make a video if need be.

8 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Make sure you are using an Atari Cable and not a PC cable

make sure you load the 850 driver no matter the terminal program, a long beeeeep indicate the term program loaded the driver itself already from the 850

The PR connection uses a different driver located on the T:Scope disk etc.

Bobterm 1.23 is for emulators not real hardware. Please use 1.21 or one of the 1.22 versions as there are 2 1.22's

1.21 is the best for initial testing.

That's about all there is to it. You can describe what you see and here or make a video if need be.

I don't have an Atari  serial cable,  I guess the one I had years ago went with the PR  Connection I had back then, all I can find on eBay is the CX88 null modem cable..   So I'm not sure what to do next, other then put the project aside and maybe get a sx212 modem thats on the SIO instead. 

I'm totally unfamiliar withe the T:Scope you mentioned.

6 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Without the proper cable you are sidelined, unless you make your own.

BEST and B&C (myAtari) still sell both cables.

I only seen myAtari selling the nullmodem cable on ebay, and I avoid 'best' since he only uses the most expensive shipping to Canada.

I guess I could take a shot at making one, my hands hurt like hell today, but by the time I order parts I will hopefuly be doing better

5 hours ago, Atari-Collector said:

I only seen myAtari selling the nullmodem cable on ebay, and I avoid 'best' since he only uses the most expensive shipping to Canada.

I guess I could take a shot at making one, my hands hurt like hell today, but by the time I order parts I will hopefuly be doing better

I've never dealt with them personally, but I see 8bitclassics seems to sell the 850 modem cable.

https://www.8bitclassics.com/product/atari-850-db-9m-to-modem-db-25m-cable-cx-87-compatible/

9 hours ago, bfollowell said:

I've never dealt with them personally, but I see 8bitclassics seems to sell the 850 modem cable.

https://www.8bitclassics.com/product/atari-850-db-9m-to-modem-db-25m-cable-cx-87-compatible/

well that's an option, but with shipping that's almost $40US  (over $50 Canadian  ack)   think I'll try to find the wiring fr the cable and go out some parts and give it a go