IGNORED

TI Graph Paper

I recently returned to doing some programming for the TI and I needed some 8x8 graph paper to do the graphics. Now 40 years ago I had memorized the Hex codes for the TI Graphics but sadly I found myself going back to the manual to look up the codes. I came up with the idea of coming up with TI Graph Paper that included the Binary and Hex codes right on the sheet of paper making it far easier to code graphics for the TI. For good measure, I also included two different sizes.

I'm pretty sure someone else has already done this over the years but just in case, I figured I would share my work in the hopes it helps someone else who may find a good use for it.TIGraphPaper.thumb.jpg.d5f188ef27ec29f9ec59eaf65a369e9e.jpg

• Like 7

Good idea. My original Phoenix logo that has various frames with it moving was all done by hand on various layers of graph paper, with space at the end for the hex numbers and thin enough i could do a new layer on top seeing where my idea of pixels were below on the previous frame.

of course now there is actual programs that can do this for you, i think even one on the PC. I forgot the one for the TI that works well.

But sometimes nothing works better for your human brain that picking up pencil and laying things out by hand.

And of course can help if you sketching over actual printed object to convert it to pixels.

Phoenix.gif

• Like 2

I wish I had a program when I did the TOD editor almost 40 years ago LOL! I think I had so much graph paper all over my bedroom floor covered with graphics as I decoded each and every graphic on that damn module by hand. I swear that is when I started wearing glasses LOL. What is kinda funny or sad is that I eventually put a graphic (very crude) editor into the program so others would not have to use graph paper but as amazing as that sounds, I did that last when I should have done it first so I could use it.

• Like 3

I still have a folder with sheets and sheets of graph paper for games I was designing when I had no access to hardware. Graph paper was my most precious commodity back then - I /still/ treat it as a limited resource despite having tons of it laying around now. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Tursi said:

I still have a folder with sheets and sheets of graph paper for games I was designing when I had no access to hardware. Graph paper was my most precious commodity back then - I /still/ treat it as a limited resource despite having tons of it laying around now. ;)

Pretty certain I was the largest consumer of my school's graph paper.

On 5/9/2024 at 4:09 PM, JB Freeware said:

I had so much graph paper all over my bedroom floor covered with graphics as I decoded each and every graphic on that damn module by hand.

LOL same!  I was trying to cheat by editing sectors when I stumbled across some familiar hex codes, like 0103070F.   Then, monster parts! Starting using up graph paper. I replaced some monsters using DISKO too. 

• Like 1