IGNORED

Vortex AtOnce386SX Has been reverse-engineered and cloned

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that the Vortex AtOnce-386SX emulator has been reverse-engineered and reproduced. I found the type of FPGA used and read the information from the protected GAL chip. All of this was possible thanks to very generous donors tIn and GGN. Hats off to them and many thanks for providing the devices. tIn sent the DIP version and GGN sent the PLCC version. For now, this is the DIP version for the Atari ST and MegaST. A PCB for the PLCC version for the Atari MegaSTe is on the way. When I finish all the work on the project - the documentation of both versions will be published on the www - as always - for free.

Cheers
tOri

atonce.jpg

Edited by t0ri
errors remove
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Hi!

Documentation of DIP version of ATonce-386SX PC emulator has been published on my www in Atari 16-bit section. I invite all interested in...

https://reversing.pl/atari16bit/v386sxdip/v386sxdip.html

Please use Google Translator to read because site is written in Polish language.

Cheers

tOri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Impressive 😷.

On your website: 

The plan is to check whether the Ti486SLC processor, which is compatible with the 386sx, can be used instead of the 386sx processor.

Texas Instruments also sold it under its own name as TX486SLC. Later, Texas Instruments also released their own version of the chip, the TI486SXLC which featured 8KB internal cache vs 1KB in the original Cyrix 😃

5 hours ago, Chri O. said:

Impressive 😷.

On your website: 

Texas Instruments also sold it under its own name as TX486SLC. Later, Texas Instruments also released their own version of the chip, the TI486SXLC which featured 8KB internal cache vs 1KB in the original Cyrix 😃

Hi, Sure it should be Tx not Ti. Some mess without consequences.

I'll bought Tx486slc and tI486sxlc2. A bit rare and expensive chips today. Especially sxlc2 version...

tOri

• Like 1