IGNORED

TMS320C8x MVP Online Reference CD-ROM

Going thru all my archives of information, I came across this CD-ROM from TI and thought it would be best to archive it and share it here, for those that might have a board using the powerful TMS320C80 MVP chips! :)

The TMS320C80 MVP (multimedia video processor) is Texas Instruments first single-chip multiprocessor DSP (digital signal processor) device.

The MVP contains five powerful, fully programmable processors: a master processor (MP) and four parallel processors (PPs).

The MP is a 32-bit RISC (reduced instruction set computer) with an integral, high-performance IEEE-754 floating-point unit.

Each PP is an advanced 32-bit DSP; thus, in addition to having similar processing capabilities as conventional DSPs, each PP has advanced features to accelerate operation on a variety of data types.

The MVP supports a variety of parallel-processing configurations, which facilitates a wide range of multimedia and other applications that require high processing speeds.

Applications include image processing, two- and three-dimensional and virtual reality graphics, audio/video digital compression, and telecommunications.

Sadly, its from the era of 1994 so it no longer works in today's Windows. I don't have a virtual machine setup yet with older windows to test it, and see what info it offers. But thought it would be best to share it. :)

PXL_20240511_022909699.jpg

PXL_20240511_023047014.jpg

PXL_20240511_023116467.jpg

PXL_20240511_023255507.jpg

MVP_ONLINE_REFERENCE.zip MVP_ONLINE_REFERENCE.ISO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1