IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 18 Round  10 - Donkey Kong

Welcome to the tenth round of the 18th 5200 HSC season.  Donkey Kong won the poll by two votes.  Use the default settings.  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by Cafeman with 95,200 points.  Beat that if you can for a bonus point.

The ROM can be found here:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/229105-5200-hsc-season-7-round-14-donkey-kong/?do=findComment&comment=3060207

Round ends Sunday, May 26th, 2024 @11pm EST

Standings:

NE146 - 127,700 - RECORD BREAKER

Cafeman - 102,400 - RECORD BREAKER

RB5200 - 100,900 - RECORD BREAKER

jblenkle - 66,900 

Mikey50 - 43,000

UnRedeemed - 12,400

12 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

Welcome to the tenth round of the 18th 5200 HSC season.  Donkey Kong won the poll by two votes.  Use the default settings.  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by Cafeman with 95,200 points.  Beat that if you can for a bonus point.

The ROM can be found here:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/229105-5200-hsc-season-7-round-14-donkey-kong/?do=findComment&comment=3060207

Round ends Sunday, April 28th, 2024 @11pm EST

Standings:

Correct end date???

18 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

Donkey Kong - 12400 😔

donkey kong 12400.jpg

Are you playing the DK green hack version. If so I made a small redu of it that actually says Crazy Kong, instead of Donkey Kong.

10 hours ago, RB5200 said:

Are you playing the DK green hack version. If so I made a small redu of it that actually says Crazy Kong, instead of Donkey Kong.

Not sure, it came with my atarimax and I assumed there was just one out there so did not replace it -- going to go ahead and replace it with the one linked to in this thread.  Probably will not help my scoring as I just have no idea what I am doing at this point.  Never got into DK at all back in the day so if time permits will use this HSC week as my chance to see if I can learn to enjoy it nowadays.   

4 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

Not sure, it came with my atarimax and I assumed there was just one out there so did not replace it -- going to go ahead and replace it with the one linked to in this thread

Well if DK is greenish yellow, instead of brownish redish, then it is DK green.

4 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

Probably will not help my scoring as I just have no idea what I am doing at this point.  Never got into DK at all back in the day so if time permits will use this HSC week as my chance to see if I can learn to enjoy it nowadays.   

No, won't help scoring any as the only change was the 1 color and that's it, no other changes were made. So it is exactly the same game, just greenish.

3 hours ago, RB5200 said:

Well if DK is greenish yellow, instead of brownish redish, then it is DK green.

No, won't help scoring any as the only change was the 1 color and that's it, no other changes were made. So it is exactly the same game, just greenish.

Oh well, secretly I kind of hoped that I was playing a harder version.  

• Haha 1

Man I love this version of the game.. I can't imagine how it would have been had I had this as a kid, but alas :lol:  Anyway.. so far about 31,200 is my high after 3 plays but I'm going to keep trying.

98,700.  Personal best.

On 5/12/2024 at 11:12 PM, DamonicFury said:

take THAT, younger Cafeman. 

hsc 5200 DK 98700.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Last submission and that's it for me:  127,700 

I think it's pretty much the max or at least near the max I can do because the game gets really HARD:lol:   Sorry the screenshot is horrible but I actually took a video of this run too if anyone wants it (or cares). 

DK High Score.jpg

• Like 2