IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 19 - Game 16 - Super Pro Decathlon - FULL DECATHLON - Season Finale

Posted (edited)

[ Intellivision HSC Season 19 ]

[ Game 16 ]

Super Pro Decathlon - FULL DECATHLON - Season Finale

Super_Pro_Decathlon.jpg.04578d430e598368d7e1a3ae862a1837.jpg

Super Pro Decathlon by INTV CORP 1988

The Track and Field events are as follows: 100 Meter Dash; Broad Jump; Shot-Put; High Jump; Triple Jump; 110 Meter Hurdles; Discus Throw; Pole Vault; Javelin Throw and the 400 Meter Dash. Competition at its best. Are you game? 

super_pro_decathlon.gif.ccd8b30f425d686a58255886e2c308da.gif

ROM Download Link

https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Click on zip)(Then scroll down for) Super Pro Decathlon.zip

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Super Pro Decathlon

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW TOTAL POINTS RECORD +3 

Game Settings

PRESS DISC AND THEN CHOOSE GAME (FULL DECATHLON), THEN 1 PLAYER, THEN AMATEUR DIFFICULTY LEVEL. IN GAME MODE YOU WILL HAVE 3 CHANCES PER EACH EVENT TO BEAT THE SET TIME / SCORE / DISTANCE. ETC. IF YOU PASS YOU WILL RECEIVE POINTS. IF YOU FAIL AT AN EVENT YOU WILL GET NO POINTS FOR THAT EVENT. THERE ARE 10 EVENTS IN THE FULL DECATHLON. THE GAME WILL ADD UP YOUR TOTAL POINTS AT THE END. POST THAT SCREEN-PRINT.

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive

Season Theme: Need For Speed

Contest Ends
SUNDAY JUNE 2ND 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

(BEST TOTAL SCORES)

Overall Rankings

After Motocross

247 - Rickster8 

180 - dpisacane

145 - lupovax 

118 - wolfy62 

70 - ts-x

61 - jimblargh 

58 - cvga

40 - fakecortex

36 - jblenkle

24 - Peripheral

24 - mr_me

22 - Crash7

22 - IntyFanMatt

20 - scalpel

15 - BigDumer

5 - Player One

Games Won

11 - Rickster8 - Skiing / Loco-Motion / Frog Bog / White Water / Sharp Shot EXTREME / Auto Racing / Bomb Squad / Happy Trails / Vectron / Congo Bongo / Motocross

3 - dpisacane - Super Cobra / Pole Position / Bump 'N' Jump

1 - IntyFanMatt - Frogger

1 - Peripheral - Pitfall

1 - BigDumer - Lock 'N' Chase

1 - wolfy62 - Motocross

Sneak Preview: 

END OF INTY HSC SEASON 19

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores

Hey, quick question.  I'm wondering why this one ends on Saturday night, instead of Sunday night.

I really only get to play on the weekends, and given how complicated this final round is, I'm a little worried I might not be able to play at all, or post any scores.

It's just a question, but if you could extend it just a little bit, I know that would certainly help me a lot.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, dpisacane said:

Hey, quick question.  I'm wondering why this one ends on Saturday night, instead of Sunday night.

I really only get to play on the weekends, and given how complicated this final round is, I'm a little worried I might not be able to play at all, or post any scores.

It's just a question, but if you could extend it just a little bit, I know that would certainly help me a lot.

Thanks.

So is the next night Sunday June 2nd better for you? 

55 minutes ago, dpisacane said:

It would be better, simply because I don't always have a chance to play on Saturday, so I might not be able to play at all if the deadline is Saturday night.

Ok date is changed to Sunday June 2nd now.... 👍

• Like 1

My first crack at the FULL DECATHLON. In this run I passed everything except for the Triple Jump. I kept pressing the button and the guy wouldn't jump. I was probably doing something wrong.... :( 

Not my greatest score, but I'm on the board. I will probably try a few times before we are done..... 👍

SPDecathlonFULL7185HSC19.thumb.jpg.ec35b1753a740f41015bcf69d14353d8.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't play this one last time, but to show I'm a good sport I played a full decathlon and even read the instructions before each event :D Spinning the analog stick on the dualshock3 might be the closest I'm getting to the INTV disc, and at least it didn't exhaust me too much lol. I got fast enough to pass more events than I was expecting. This game wasn't too bad, considering that track and field games are usually a huge pain (especially the 400m). I passed the 100m dash, 110m hurdles, pole vault, & 400m.

Super Pro Decathlon - 2,905

image.thumb.png.3c7a344f6fb41f61548abf617a08278b.png

• Like 2

2nd Entry. Did better this time. 100m Dash - 11.13 (769 pts); Broad Jump - 7.90 (994 pts); Shot-Put - 14.00 (725 pts); High Jump - 1.75 (633 pts); Triple Jump - 10.60 (823 pts); 110m Hurdles - 13.03 (1,072 pts); Discus Throw - 44.04 (746 pts); Pole Vault - 4.12 (833 pts); Javelin Throw - 82.65 (1,031 pts); 400m Dash - 47.31 (946 pts) = 8,572 pts.

My goal was to pass all the events and get over 8,500 pts. I accomplished both on this run. My fingers hurt, my thumbs hurt and my shoulder hurts. I think I'm done... 😜

NOTE: For the Broad Jump and the Triple Jump you have to hold the button in and release it at the fault line. I had forgotten this. 🤦‍♂️

SPDecathlonFULL8572HSC19.thumb.jpg.0b91e8fecf696ced4d5fdf7c28196415.jpg

• Like 1

"NOTE: For the Broad Jump and the Triple Jump you have to hold the button in and release it at the fault line. I had forgotten this."

Thanks for this advice.  Those events were driving me crazy...  I just couldn't get them to work consistently.

• Like 1

Overall Rankings

After Motocross

247 - Rickster8 

180 - dpisacane

145 - lupovax 

118 - wolfy62 

70 - ts-x

61 - jimblargh 

58 - cvga

40 - fakecortex

36 - jblenkle

24 - Peripheral

24 - mr_me

22 - Crash7

22 - IntyFanMatt

20 - scalpel

15 - BigDumer

5 - Player One

Games Won

11 - Rickster8 - Skiing / Loco-Motion / Frog Bog / White Water / Sharp Shot EXTREME / Auto Racing / Bomb Squad / Happy Trails / Vectron / Congo Bongo / Motocross

3 - dpisacane - Super Cobra / Pole Position / Bump 'N' Jump

1 - IntyFanMatt - Frogger

1 - Peripheral - Pitfall

1 - BigDumer - Lock 'N' Chase

1 - wolfy62 - Motocross