IGNORED

XEGS Games

DeV0

Hi All

Just did a trade for an XEGS, What carts would people recomend? I dont understand the atari 8-bit all that well yet. Are there compatability issues? or are all the 8-bit carts useable on all the 8bit systems. My other question is, does the xegs resemble the 5200 at all? Just wondering as this is may be my substitute for the 5200 which wasnt released in PAL.

In case anyone wanted to know. You can use one of those black 7 pin c64 PSU's for the XEGS. Just open the black box and snip the yellow and the green wires, These are the 9volt AC's which i believe the c64 uses for the SID and printer port??

Anyhoo, any xegs gaming advise appreciated

I believe that there's quite a bit of XEGS info in the FAQ and in other recent threads, and don't want to reiterate that here.

In general, there's a very few games that were released for the 400 and 800 that won't work on newer machines. Aside from that, you shouldn't have any compatibility problems at all with your machine.

If you find that you really miss your 5200, I recommend purchasing the "5200 Multicart blast" from Sumark. A number of 5200 games were hacked and ported over to the 8-bits, and you'll find many of the best of them on this cart.

If you find that you really miss your 5200, I recommend purchasing the "5200 Multicart blast" from Sumark. A number of 5200 games were hacked and ported over to the 8-bits, and you'll find many of the best of them on this cart.

Sounds awesome, Ive never had a 5200 as it was never released here. As for mentioned before,, ummmm, this is a forum right? :roll:

Thanks guys

Sounds awesome, Ive never had a 5200 as it was never released here. As for mentioned before,, ummmm, this is a forum right? :roll:

Thanks guys

Sorry; I misread your comment about wanting a 5200 substitute.

:)

Thanks guys

NP, i think im really gonna get into this 8-bit computer thing. I'm loving the XEGS so far and have had a few carts for it without even knowing it. Its a rel shame the 5200 was never released here. Is this hack cart still available?

Thanks guys

NP, i think im really gonna get into this 8-bit computer thing. I'm loving the XEGS so far and have had a few carts for it without even knowing it. Its a rel shame the 5200 was never released here. Is this hack cart still available?

It is, at www.sunmark.com, for $39.95 (US). Sure, it works out to about $65 AUS, but it's still a heck of a deal.