IGNORED

Atari acquires Intellivision brand and large game portofilio

16 hours ago, Zeptari said:

Are they making smart sneakers?

No they just make speakerhats too, although the stitching is weird, almost as if an old logo was removed and Intellivision logo sewn on top...    But as a bonus, these speakhats do come with a speech synthesis module!

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Makes me wonder now that if Atari also has the rights to the old Mattel Children's Discovery System computer.  It had interchangable cartridges and overlays with a few arcade game carts but it was mainly an edutainment device.  It also had the IntelliVision running man.

Children's Discovery System Facts for Kids

Probably not. In 1981 Mattel Electronics was a subsidiary of Mattel and this system doesn’t appear to have Mattel Electronics branding. In February 1984 Mattel sold its video game assets, but Mattel still had the Childrens Discovery System until Fall 1984.

Mattel Electronics did have many handheld and tabletop electronics games whose copyrights could have been part of the 1984 sale.

6 hours ago, Giles N said:

Seriously; Is ‘Diner’ officially a BurgerTime game, or just a BurgerTime style game, but independent as franchise…??

The characters and Burgertime logo were used under license from Dataeast but the game was a creation of INTV Corp and its developer.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Wasn't Diner originally a sequel to Masters of the Universe?

When Mattel Electronics closed in 1984, they were working on both MOTU and Burgertime sequels. The Burgertime sequel, called Pizzatime, was being developed at Mattel Electronics France, in 1984 that office spun off as Nice Ideas and Mattel allowed them to keep the copyrights for the games they were working on. A few years later INTV Corp who got the rest of the Mattel Electronics assets wanted a Burgertime sequel rather than a MOTU sequel. The MOTU game was only in early development with one background graphics screen and was turned into Diner, while Pizzatime stayed unreleased.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2024 at 9:34 AM, MrBeefy said:

Haven't looked at a game list recently, but maybe they got some titles from the true successor to the Intellivision console, the Hyperscan!

I do realise that you are not being serious, but is Interstellar Wrestling League original IP? Everything else on the system (5 games altogether) is clearly licensed from third-parties. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jhd said:

I do realise that you are not being serious, but is Interstellar Wrestling League original IP? Everything else on the system (5 games altogether) is clearly licensed from third-parties. 

It's not an IP I recognize. So there's a chance it's not licensed.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 11:27 AM, jeremiahjt said:

Like Sauron, I thought this would happen eventually. Especially after the M Network deal.

@TrogdarRobusto Everybody here would love to see a list of games that Atari acquired.

I believe the Intellivsion people had the trademarks for Jungle Hunt and Bump 'n Jump (for the names, not the actual games), I wonder if those were included.

Yes.

Executed May 20, 2024 and recorded at uspto June 3, 2024:

Trademark - Jungle Hunt

Trademark - Bump 'N' Jump

Trademark - Intellivision Together Again

Assignor: intellivision Entertainment LLC

Assignee: Atari Interactive, Inc. 

Note re: the International registration (EUIPO) for Trademark - Intellivision Together Again

At this date it is still recorded as a registration by Intellivision Entertainment LLC, but that may change.

Edited by number6
added reference
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, number6 said:

Yes.

Executed May 20, 2024 and recorded at uspto June 3, 2024:

Trademark - Jungle Hunt

Trademark - Bump 'N' Jump

Trademark - Intellivision Together Again

Note re: the International registration (EUIPO) for Trademark - Intellivision Together Again

At this date it is still recorded as a registration by Intellivision Entertainment LLC, but that may change.

Updated:

The 3 original trademarks and only -registered- trademarks of Intellivision Entertainment LLC in the U.S.

These are formerly registered IP of Intellivision Productions, Inc., Blue Sky Rangers, Inc., and lastly Intellivision Entertainment LLC.

Executed May 20, 2024 and recorded at uspto June 3 2024:

Trademark - Intellivision (wordmark)

Trademark - Running Man (design)

Trademark - Intellivision plus Running Man (design)

Note: Source for above is, as usual:

United States Patent and Trademark Office 

Edited by number6
Added 2 commas from assignment statements

Atari shouldn’t have do that, why?

would they want to remake those old games from that system in HD for their own modern system and/or release them on online services from other brand names like sony,nintendo and microsoft?

would they feel like to port those old games into 2600 form to bundle them with other ataro 2600 games as part of their follow up flashback systems?

Or how about a new intelevision with cartride input along with HD output?

anyway i wonder what atari wants to do with that brand name and it’s games.