IGNORED

Spartados ATR Help please

I have been busy archiving my old disks (I will post them all up here for perusal once I am complete) - but I have a few of these disks which don't seem to boot up in Altirra - they seem to copy from  the 1050 drive ok, and my teenage writing on the disks does not indicate that they ever failed to work or didn't boot. They start up to Spartados with a D1: prompt, but that's as far as they get. DIR does not work, RUN or LOAD filename doesn't work either, just get an error 130. If I use the disk tool in Altirra I can see the files on there.

Is there anyone with any Spartados knowledge that could take a look and see if the disk is faulty or how to make it boot? I'll just post one for now but I have a few like this.

B04_Side_B_menu.atr

47 minutes ago, spacedmonkeys said:

I have been busy archiving my old disks (I will post them all up here for perusal once I am complete) - but I have a few of these disks which don't seem to boot up in Altirra - they seem to copy from  the 1050 drive ok, and my teenage writing on the disks does not indicate that they ever failed to work or didn't boot. They start up to Spartados with a D1: prompt, but that's as far as they get. DIR does not work, RUN or LOAD filename doesn't work either, just get an error 130. If I use the disk tool in Altirra I can see the files on there.

Is there anyone with any Spartados knowledge that could take a look and see if the disk is faulty or how to make it boot? I'll just post one for now but I have a few like this.

B04_Side_B_menu.atr 179.64 kB · 4 downloads

This boots in Altirra 4. It should autoboot or type MASTER.4 at the D1: prompt in SpartaDOS to run the menu.

2 minutes ago, TZJB said:

This boots in Altirra 4. It should autoboot or type MASTER.4 at the D1: prompt in SpartaDOS to run the menu.

Or set U1M to stock and boot the disk via the loader. btw. have you set D1: to US Doubler or Happy, the disk is DD

image.thumb.png.25f1aa7948651297c0d59cbb3cc4c97d.png

38 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Or set U1M to stock and boot the disk via the loader. btw. have you set D1: to US Doubler or Happy, the disk is DD

image.thumb.png.25f1aa7948651297c0d59cbb3cc4c97d.png

I was going to suggest setting D1: to USD, then realised that Altirra will boot the disk in it's default state.

Well, I updated to the lates Altirra. I wasn't too far behind I was on 4.10.  4.21 the latest. However, still couldn't get this to boot.

I've tried D1 as a 1050 Happy and 1050 US Doubler, same issue.

Fiddled around and switched off the SIO/PBI acceleration and then it boots!  Finally.