IGNORED

ANOTHER joypad thread!

jetset

I got my pair today from Germany! They're pretty cool, but I like using the Genesis controllers better. Unfortunately I've come to realize the Genesis controllers (after much searching here and putting 2 and 2 together testing the actual games) dont like games that require 2 buttons (Asteroids, Rampage, etc) Are there any other Sega-style controllers that will work with 2-fire button games?

Mostly it's for my kids. They both like the Sega controllers...the 7800 joypads are great to me, but a little awkward for them......

Everyone I talk to has mixed feelings about the joypad. They either LOVE it...or they DESPISE it. I had seen them in the "Atari Advantage" poster that I had received when I bought Ballblazer in 1988 or 1989. I wanted one ever since then. I went back to Toys R Us and kept on pestering them to get me one of those controllers because I wanted a Nintendo style joypad, not a joystick. I was just a kid and I felt "left out" when all the Nintendo kids had these nifty new controllers. I finally got one from Holland in 1993, and I was a little bit dissapointed at first. After a while though, it grows on you.

I believe the 7800 joypad is a 'grows on you' deal. I didn't like the stick when I first got them, took it off, hated the pad worse, put them back on, and grew to like them. My only complaint still, is the buttons seem to low. They should have been half way between the top and bottome of the controller instead of so close to the bottome.

I've been putting together boxes to play 7800 with 2 button compatibility with Mastersystem/Genesis controllers. Kind of hard to get parts since Radioshack closed (not that it was a breeze even when we had one)

I'm thinking about going into business building controllers and adaptors and selling them. I know others can do it, but they may not want to invest the time into it.