IGNORED

USB Rewritable APF-01

So these looks pretty darn cool Anyone have one?

https://apfram.com/#

> Your one-of-a-kind memory card with USB, that has never been done before! No driver need to be installed! No mods required! Plug and Play!

I don't understand the USB component. Is it just USB compatible or is there a physical component I don't see?

• 2 weeks later...

And it works perfectly as far as I can see.

One small exe you need to launch on a PC with the adapter connected via USB, then you get a simple text interface to upload/download files.

Plug it in to the portfolio and it is there as A:

Now I just need to find some software as I've not had one of these for at least 20 years!

Cheers,

Simon

Confirmed working well too!  Got mine today.  Uploaded some files to the Port today.  I am not that proficient with MS-DOS commands, so there will be some learning.  One thing I do need to learn fast is setting up folders in MS-DOS.  But, I was able to download a .doc file and was able to read it on the Port. 

One annoyance:  My McAfee keeps quarantining the EXE file for the card.  I have to turn off the Virus protection and RESTORE the quarantined file to use it.  Very annoying. Anyone know how to tell McAfee that the file is okay with me and stop quarantining my file?

Having a memory card where you don't have to remember to change the battery is a huge advance.  Now I need to see if I can upload text file up to my PC.  If anyone has done that.  How do you read the file on the PC?  Will Word interpret it, or will it be a jumbled mess?

educated myself on some MS DOS commands, like MD (make directory) to creat sub-directories. Stuff I have never done in past years.  Also, Move, to move files to the newly created sub-directories.  Stuff that is now so obsolete, but necessary for lots of files on a single memory card.  It really is like its 1989 using this thing.