IGNORED

Security Screw Set

I was wondering what local store or tool store would carry the Security hex set to open NES, Genesis and other game carts that require this silly item. I see them on ebay and figure it looks cheap enough if I could find a set at a local tool shop or place. It would be pretty cheap like 9.95 or 19.95.

Thanks.....

Well, I really only order stuff from ebay when I don't have any other choice. For instance say a local phone company is charging $100.00 for a handset and ebay is like $20.00. I figured with all the home improvement stores and tool people around sombody might know who I need to goto to pick a set up in person. Since the set can run 9.95 to 19.95 + S/H or even $7.00 for just one bit. My wife says she saw tons of those sets down in Arizona. Perhaps this is just an Idaho thing. But, I would like to support the local econemy sometimes.

Later....

I bought some security bits a couple months ago to remove an IPAC hard drive.

Not sure if they're the same type of bits, since I don't know what a 4.5 or a 3.8 looks like.

If they are what you need, you can have mine if I can find it.

Yeah, Songbird has them right here. It's a nice set that includes the tri-wing bits that you'd need for a lot of Gameboy or Gamecube stuff. Unfortunately, they charge $25 for the set, which is an awful lot in my opinion.

Lik-Sang also sells some screwdrivers that would do the job... but they're asking $14 for each of them, which is even worse.

I could have sworn I've seen the exact same kit that Songbird is selling, only for around $13 online somewhere... I can't seem to find it now though.

--Zero